When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep jealousy

fotoman

so, i haven't started a way cool thread in a very long time - and after seeing a particular watch it hit me.

Time to call out the member who has a watch that your jealous of - maybe its to expensive or you have others you want more or its a unique piece.

for me pamfried - and the safarai RO with that kick ass strap

img3047ri3.jpg

Alrighty then - call out friends!

I'd say Repaustria's 1655 Explorer would go in the category of 'jealousy pieces'. Probably Freddy's Paul Newman Daytona.

The old Omega SMP '007' with decorated movement would be a classic, as the SMP is a favourite of mine and the rep has achieved legendary status.

I'd like to get a hold of a highly modded IWC 3717...that's a currently available watch that I'd like, but probably wouldn't put the money into to be able to get it into proper shape.

The HBB's with the swiss movement and chrono module- that would take the best produced rep (IMO) and combine it with a legendary movement that would bring the engine up to the quality of the case/bezel.

I can't say I'm really jealous... but, Narikaa has a gorgeous Breguet tourbillon that he's been really quiet about - words cannot describe the beauty of this timepiece.

I am also really REALLY jealous of all the people who posted in the "show me your gens" thread; especially the one fellow with a genuine Patek Philippe Nautilus chronograph!!

I think jealousy is an ugly, selfish emotion which I strive to avoid. So no, I am not jealous of anyone. But I would like to say a word about OEM parts. I deserve them more than you and I deserve all of them. In fact, you guys shouldn't even have one. I should have them all, 'cause, you know, I deserve them.

Interesting thread.

How could any mere mortal remain unemotional over Ubi's 16520s?

SIG1.jpg

But, for me, the ultimate object of lust & jealousy is Avitt's (rarely seen) silver dialed DW, which was the catalyst & inspiration for my Newmans (its black dialed sister ranks a close 2nd). The enigmatic artistry of this watch is palpable & magnetic

264232-4856.jpg

You know, in the past I have seen many examples of beautifully modded pieces. But, with the advent of the "SuperRep" over the past few years, the art of modding seems to be something of the past. Sure we see a couple of examples from time to time, but today's reps are just so good out of the box, there really is no need for modding :(

You know, in the past I have seen many examples of beautifully modded pieces. But, with the advent of the "SuperRep" over the past few years, the art of modding seems to be something of the past. Sure we see a couple of examples from time to time, but today's reps are just so good out of the box, there really is no need for modding :(

unless you want to make a BCE into a franken bastard crosswind - :) which i want to do. - like a dude on TRC did

crossbr5.jpg

'

i would lust after this if it were 2 tone and blue :)

Interesting thread, I have to agree on Ubi's Frankentonas, pamfried's AP ROs and repaustria's vintage GMT.

I'd like to add Homer's tourbillon in RG and black dial, if someone has it?

My personal disappointment though, is my slim wrist at 6.5", but deep and narrow in cross-section which does not allow me to wear some reps I'd love to own, such as the AP RO and the HBB. The lugs would stick out beyond my wrist and that is just not acceptable.

Thanks for the honorable mention, everyone! I am humbled, and appreciate your very kind words :) (thank you!)

You know... I see some incredible stuff posted DAILY by all the members here. We're talking truly amazing works of art, and some incredible reps and frankens (and gens too!). If I put together a list of specific watches I've seen posted (and drool over), it would be a very long list, and would most likely span over the greater part of the membership here. Quite frankly... I want them all!

Quality over quantity... Always nice, but quality AND quantity is even better, methinks!

:D