When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Swiss 7750 needs gen hands

kokedose

Hey guys.

Recently got my hands on an ETA 7750 and installed it in my seamaster chrono..I am a total noob and was quite pleased with how the transplant had gone, until i tried to replace the large seconds hand for the chrono(this is where my noobness really shows!).The cannon pin? is too large to accept the rep second hand.

I was wondering if any of you guys know if a set of gen hands would solve the problem and where i might source them. Unfortunately i don't have access to a digital size gauger so don't know the diameter of the ETA canon pin.

I cant wait to get this beauty on my wrist again and once the hand issue is resolved it will be of for a full AR and lume job....promise to post lots of piccies :)

Here is a pic of movement and dial to illustrate.

DSC05582.jpg

DSC05583.jpg

Hey guys.

Recently got my hands on an ETA 7750 and installed it in my seamaster chrono..I am a total noob and was quite pleased with how the transplant had gone, until i tried to replace the large seconds hand for the chrono(this is where my noobness really shows!).The cannon pin? is too large to accept the rep second hand.

I was wondering if any of you guys know if a set of gen hands would solve the problem and where i might source them. Unfortunately i don't have access to a digital size gauger so don't know the diameter of the ETA canon pin.

I cant wait to get this beauty on my wrist again and once the hand issue is resolved it will be of for a full AR and lume job....promise to post lots of piccies :)

Here is a pic of movement and dial to illustrate.

DSC05582.jpg

DSC05583.jpg

It is a known issue that the asian 7750 hand sizes are different from the Swiss.

From The Zigmeister:

Genuine ETA 7750 all variants (all)

Hour 2.00mm

Minute 1.20mm

Center Seconds 0.25mm

Subdials 0.17mm

New Asian 7750 (28,800 BPH) Normal ones - NOT the Daytona model (don't have one to measure)

Hour 2.00mm

Minute 1.20mm

Center Seconds 0.20mm

Subdial 0.20mm

The subdial hands are actually different sizes as well, but since you were able to get them on you only have to worry about the fact that the hole for your center seconds hand is .05mm too small for the gen 7750 post. You can either broach it if you have the tools and ability, glue the tube to the hand as The Zigmeister does, or get a gen hand from Ofrei (sorry, I don't know the part number).

I'm going to do a gen swap on my SMP chrono as well. With that and a relume, this watch will be almost perfect! The AR isn't really necessary....I've read conflicting posts about this model having either no AR or very light AR, but getting a full-on K2222 or Chief style double AR would definitely be overkill (for gen accuracy purposes).

Edited by -EZ-

I've done all the modifications you mentioned to my SMP Chrono, so here are my two cents.

The hands sometimes are available on eBay, but Ofrei is a good choice, relatively inexpensive,

(I think about $90 US for the entire set), the hands are very luminous, and have noticeably brighter orange

color than rep hands.

The dial is rather readily available on eBay (and expensive at the Ofrei store) Here is a couple of current

item numbers: 120241033105 , 180228908156 I used to buy from both these sellers, they are very reliable

Basically, gen SMP Chrono dials emerge every week or so, and can be bought in the range $20-$50 shipped, so you

always have a choice

Crown/tube can be bought from Ofrei, but crowns can also relatively easily be purchased on eBay.

There is no AR on the gen version of the SMP with white lettering on the dial,

although it looks much better with AR, so I have it done with Chieftang's help, and

never had any regrets.

Good luck with your modifications.