When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new Omega Seamaster GMT (A little review)

MiguelCadiz

My dear friends.

This is Miguel and I'm proud to introduce you my new Seamaster GMT. I was green in envy reading By-Tor's review of this model that I've hunted high and low to get a decent budget-quality ratio. This beauty was bought at ioffer to a new seller called "ttwatchstore". Finally I got it at 90$ (EMS shipping included), paid for it last saturday and this morning was in my hands. Due to the euro supremacy the final amount changed gives 57.13 euros. A real bargain, isn't it?

The overall look of the watch is very good, obviously the main flaw is the misaligned bezel. I've tried many ways to dismantle it but without success, the bezel seems somehow welded to the case. I don't want to force it. Any hint or trick to solve this matter?

The dial is crisp with the mandatory white square surrounding the DW, but something I don't like much is the greenish tone of the markers. The DW is also correct, white over black backgroud. The font is correct as well, not squared as ETA but decent.

The movement is the mainly known asian 21 faux GMT. The hand stack is correct, the GMT hand is below the hour hand and can be set independently turning the crown up in the date change position.

The bracelet is lightweight compared to the weight of the case. I'd say that the total weight can be at 200 grs. more or less.

The clasp is laser etched instead of engraved, but that's a thing that I can live on. Maybe someday I'll switch the bracelet to a Bond one, just like By-Tor did.

I leave here some shots I've just taken. Hope you enjoyed this little review.

post-10185-1207238985_thumb.jpg

post-10185-1207238999_thumb.jpg

The clasp is laser etched instead of engraved, but that's a thing that I can live on. Maybe someday I'll switch the bracelet to a Bond one, just like By-Tor did.

I leave here some shots I've just taken. Hope you enjoyed this little review.

Bond SMP bands will not fit correctly, different lughole position. They will have a gap between the endlink and case. I put a gen GMT SMP style band on mine but had to redrill the lugholes and that is a mf'r to do. Try a NATO. Goes on easy and feels great.

The asian GMTs are one of my favorite reps but the sweep is a little choppy. I lost one of my inserts and replaced with the all silver style...not sure I like it though <_<

S6300871.jpg

S6301139.jpg

The OEM rubber strap will fit the case. Just picked one up and swapped out the rep strap for the gen strap. In order to minimize the gab when wearing the strap, I just used 2mm thick springbars. Ill post some pics hopefully tonight.

Removing the bracelet this evening, have seen that the case has a central hole just like the cheap asian planet oceans to fix the rubber band with central pin to the case. So I've ordered a replica rubber band to see how it looks.

In the mean time I went shopping to the mall and discovered the Hirsch Leonardo Mobile (rubberized leather with curved ends) What do you think? I think it gives an invisible touch to the watch.

post-10185-1207247888_thumb.jpg