When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thanks Uncle Jay!

spike

WOW! I'm trimming my collection but I LOVE a MOD PROJECT LIKE THIS. Congrats and enjoy!!! :victory:

Beautiful watch. Congrats on a great project. Not everyone appreciates the fact how unique the white dial PAM's are. No rep dial will ever have that same sheen or letter or number formation. I am just curious - if you look at the dial from the side can you see the brush marks? I would swear I can see them on my 03. :D

Your gen dial:

DSC00417.jpg

My DSN dial:

DSCF0732.jpg

Pretty close. The top bar on the "3" is a bit too thick and the "2" in the 12 is a bit different shaped. The 6 and 9 look pretty good, though. They'd really have to be side-by-side to see the differences, IMO.

Oh, and with a T dial, yours would more likely be a 10A or B, not D series. ;) Nice pick-up, though! Hmmmm, perhaps Jay has another 10 dial around somewhere? B)

Oh, and with a T dial, yours would more likely be a 10A or B, not D series. ;) Nice pick-up, though! Hmmmm, perhaps Jay has another 10 dial around somewhere? B)

The difference between a rep white dial and a gen white dial is instantly noticeable, both for the reason kruzer noted and also by the way the numbers are applied. But you're absolutely right...that dial deserves a B caseback--not only for accuracy but to make the dial an even better deal. There's a 10D on ebay right now for $4500 and a 10B Tritium on Paneristi for $10,000.