When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Graham Swordfish Big 12-6 ~Review~

Daytona4me

Lume shot looks nice whats the prob does it fade out right away???

Guest Sql_pl

Nice pics, congrats on getting it that fast!

When I look at these pics I actually get a feeling I won't be buying one.... I was considering one but I think it is not my cup of tea after all....

Bummer !!!! The Chronofighter has quite excellent lume from what everyone is saying.

love it!!! thanks for the pics and review so fast!! :clap2: cant wait for the black knight.

quick question- does the rubber strap attract alot of dust? the one on my chronofighter is great

and does NOT attract any dust. is it the same as the chronofighter?

I'm glad you brought that up. I did a quick polish with some cape cod and got a little bit on the strap. I rubbed it off with a dry wash cloth (not the first stupid thing I've done)... I would have to say that it is not like the HBB, it is softer and does attract more lint.. but not horribly.

I am being very critical of this watch, I do really like it.. and am pretty satisfied with it, I'm not disappointed that I bought it. :)

one more question...if the hour subdial is at 9 and the minute sub is at 3....where are the running seconds?

do they combine the hour and secs??

Yep, the running seconds are at the "9" position and represented by a little red triangle that spins around on top of the hour (subdial) hand.

Rubber strap is a let down, but not surprising because this watch is not made by the HBB maker, while the Chronofighter is made by the HBB maker. The upcoming black knight swordfish is made by the HBB maker, that's why I'm waiting even though it is absolutely killing me because I love this watch.

Fantastic pics !

Not for me, but the watch is worth only for its incredible design. I could not live with all the problems you mentionned, but again, have to see what the other batches will be.

I am simply in love with the crown and work on pushers and caseback.

I hate dust on rubber, and this is really an issue that should not exist on pricey reps. The Porsche Design Flat 6 and the HBB (not really rubber) don't have this problem.

Awesome watch, I know at least 2 colleagues at the office who would damn themselves to get such a beauty. ^_^

I actually was quite impressed with the way this one looks on the wrist. It was a little bit of a mystery to me as to how it would look actually on a wrist, as some of the less conventional designs can look impressive until you see it on someone. Personally, I'd put the Chrono fighter into that category, as the crown protector assembly or whatever the hell it is, simply makes it impractical as a functional daily-beater type of watch.

Thanks for the review, D4M. I'm going to be waiting to see how this one develops, but I have optimism that it might be a bit of a surprise and a success for the rep makers (assuming they can correct the minor stuff).

It's funny, I don't mind waiting anymore for new releases to get revised and the price to come down a bit before being tempted to jump on the latest rep. I like the freedom to be highly selective that you get once you've got your core collection figured out. Any new additions are subject to intense analysis before they make the grade!

Definitely not HBB maker product........ Dun think this is 28800bph either..

lol.. funny that I couldnt get this guy to log onto or post on RWI in a 1/2 year ....

until I post something that is makes him go.... hmmm......

Thanks for the news Jos, much appreciated... and seeing that this one is readily available, not from the HBB maker and only 21,600vph

I'm sure you could do a group buy special pricing to take care of RWG and RWI members Right?

How about... $200 for this shitty version? Sounds fair... and really appreciate the participation! :) We have needed a group buy special

price for a long time! :)

Fantastic ... I'm excited.... now.. where is it on your website? I cant seem to find this anywhere... ?

On a serious note..

I have my questions about it being 28,800bph, I plan to take it to a friend to time it.

Obviously I did not state that this is from the HBB maker as it is not, I'm the type who owns more asian movements than swiss because I would rather have a wider range of watches than be limited with higher prices (which I think could be the case with the HBB maker made one). I'm excited to see which ones the HBB maker makes, so far.. what has been shared with me is that there will be more of the normal swordfish made than this "Big 12-6" version.

Those new to this watch, go check out their website, you will see several versions of the swordfish ... all pretty nice imo...

love to have fun with new watches... :)

Not 100% sure of what I'm saying but... I have 2 recent Asian 7750 running 21,6 kbph. They show no drawback against the others higher beat I have. I feel like they can't be the same unreliable versions as we met in the past. I consider them just as good. For now.

@daytona4me

Are you dreaming ? This is RWG.... If I posted in your forum... where you are the admin.... well you comments are valid.

And i am posting facts cos I see misleading information in your post and subsequent posts by other members.. I am merely clearing this up. ...unless back at your place.. you expect people to keep quite when you speak.. But again .. this is RWG.. I am sure members here does appreciate my input.

Since you are trying to make me look bad.... this maker begs me to sell this watch for him..... I do not want to sell it becos of quality issues of this watch, the ethics of this maker and my commitment to the Big 3 makers.. If there is a better model on the way .. I will only sell the better model.... Since you mentioned you have the connections.. why dun you bring in the HBB product ahead of everyone else and do a side by side ?

If you want to do a GB for your members.. Please look for other dealers.. Well An Admin of a Forum trying to organise a GB for his members....How impartial is that ?

Joshua

Edited by Jos Nana

roflmao, like I dont know where I'm at....

I'm not well connected, I lucked out. Simple as that, And why would I be wanting to make you look bad by asking you to do a group buy for a good deal? An impartial admin trying to organize a group buy to benefit members... lol.. your really grasping at straws here.. Not sure why.. but if I can talk every dealer into giving a good deal to members ... I'd think I'm doing a pretty damn good job.. Why would you not want to offer a good deal to members?

You are trying to make me look bad... for what? Is it because someone other than I said that this is not the HBB model? I dont ever recall saying that it was. As for a 28,800 movement... I have my suspisions as I noted... and plan to have it timed because I agree with you.. .it's not. It's just ironic that you choose this thread to throw your 2 cents in.

I would love your input but I dont think you've logged in on RWI in quite a while.

I would swear that your rhetoric does not sound like the Jos of old... especially with all of the " .... " reminds me of someone else. ;)

What I would have expected from you was... "hey.. nice photos, do you have plans on getting the HBB model that will come out soon, I think you'll be impressed with the quality... good review!". but maybe I'm expecting too much.

As for pulling a HBB model out of my ass before everyone else.... lol... I'm sitting on the dealers waiting list just like everyone else.. I just hope that the dealer I'm buying it from does not get muscled out by pressure put on the maker as was the case just last month.

I'm not sure why the hostility towards me Jos, hope one day we can sort that out. PM me so I know where we go from here..