When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally! My gen GMT bracelet is on my GMT rep.

predfan2001

Well one would think popping a gen SMP style GMT bracelet on a GMT rep would be a piece of cake. WRONG! The lugholes are in different positions so when you install the SMP bracelet it has a big gap between the endlink and case. I tried redrilling lugholes but never really trusted them. I've tried about 6 sets of endlinks and all of them left a gap. I even bought a Bond SMP rep thinking the band would fit it...nope, same thing.

Well friday I received and few extra bracelet parts from a member and guess what? There were 2 endlinks that allowed the gen bracelet to go on perfectly. Don't have a clue what they came off of but after a year of fighting this, the bracelet if finally on. :D

S6301241.jpg

(still not sure if I like the insert..I may go back to the original style)

Congrats. I used a the rep rubber strap and had to mod it a bit to fit the rep case. At first, loved it, then decided I need the gen rubber strap. Big difference between the gen and rep rubber strap.

Wear it well.

I guess this lughole problem would cause issues with some of the rubber straps to. Heres a couple of pics showing what I ran into.

The band on the left it the original off of my GMT rep....the link to the right fits a gen SMP. Note the position of the springbar hole.

S6301245.jpg

Now here is what I needed. The SMP link is on the left. The pic on the right is photoshoped to show what I needed.

S6301243a.jpg