When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is the Omega UPO good enough for diving?

Daedalus

Most reps are waterproof and good enough for swimming. Many of them have screwdown crowns and tight cases & crystals, just like genuines. But there's no GUARANTEE at all.

Treat rep like a rep. That means don't take it to the water.

Roll the dice Brother take it for a dip I think we would all be curious to see the results!! And someone has to be the guinee pig

Snorkeling at about 18-20 feet with mine yesterday, since you asked!!! It was fine.

Don't know that I'd go much deeper than that though.

As an aside, I am in Miami, and my Chopard GTXXL chrono was signed for by my assistant yesterday....at least I have something to look forward to when I return from my vacation.

-O

Get your watch tested for waterproofness to find out what depth it will handle.

Thanks guys. I thought maybe someone here had tested one... or maybe any rep for how they handle pressure.

It might have been in my dreams but I remember seeing a thread where someone put one in a testing device and it did well... search reveals nothing though.

Thanks guys. I thought maybe someone here had tested one... or maybe any rep for how they handle pressure.

It might have been in my dreams but I remember seeing a thread where someone put one in a testing device and it did well... search reveals nothing though.

Sure, people will have tested their UPOs, but not yours. ;)

Every rep is different. With no uniform quality control, you never know what you'll get.

ps.

po45-12.jpg

Enough people die while diving every year without adding to the total by using a low grade "novelty" watch with zero quality control to time your dive. I love my reps as much as anyone here but I'd never venture off the boat without my Suunto dive-computer watch. They are pretty cheap and make diving much safer than a watch and tables willl ever be.

Here is no reason the rep wouldn't work in theory.. its just not worth the risk.

I'm not sure where in the world you are diving but in more and more areas dive computers are a requirement anyway.