When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

87 VS 243

Guest asad

87 VS 243  

22 members have voted

1. 1. 87 VS 243

I am considering buying a GEN Panerai Submersible and will probably be flipping my GEN Breitling Chrono Avenger for it.

DSC03240.jpg

Though I can't make up my mind over which one:

A: PAM 87

1058861713082_vista_1_g.jpg

B: PAM 243

1176299748195_PAM00243_frontale.jpg

Or should I just settle for another REP of either of the models?

Thanks

Well, the 243 rep is pretty darn good......but a genuine is a genuine. If it were me, I'd get the REP B)

Thanks for the suggestion, do you know of any flaws to the Rep 243 besides the usual D/W, MAG, Lume?

Sorry - I would choose the Panerai 064

1066037372033_PAM00064_scheda1.jpg

Thanks that is most deffinetly a looker, Nice!. Now are you aware which rep is better (closer to gen) the 87 or the 64?

Thanks

Get the gen 64 T-Dial. The 64 is a stunning piece.

With the new bread of contemporary PAM's coming out I guess the demand for the old style tool watch PAM shall continue to rise. The 64 is already a very liked and sought after watch under PAM collectors. Prices of the 64 shall certainly rise in the near future so if it starts to bore you, you are guarantied your money back plus very likely a neat bonus.

A rep has basically no value outside of our community and i.m.o. shall always be second by a large distance to the gen. If you have surplus cash to spend get the gen...

Thanks for the suggestion, do you know of any flaws to the Rep 243 besides the usual D/W, MAG, Lume?

The 6:00 on the dial sits lower between T swiss made T on the rep. On the gen it sits above it, I`ll include a pic of the gen for you to see. Whats interesting is on the Panerai site the 243 shown has the sunken 6:00 as in the rep. Easy to see when they repped this one where they went for reference.

As above, get the gen of choice and enjoy.

243xh3.jpg

It's crap like this that drives most of us up the wall. It's there in front of them but they can't get it right. Hell of a mystery, or, it is to me.

The 6:00 on the dial sits lower between T swiss made T on the rep. On the gen it sits above it, I`ll include a pic of the gen for you to see. Whats interesting is on the Panerai site the 243 shown has the sunken 6:00 as in the rep. Easy to see when they repped this one where they went for reference.

243xh3.jpg

Get the gen 64 T-Dial. The 64 is a stunning piece.

With the new bread of contemporary PAM's coming out I guess the demand for the old style tool watch PAM shall continue to rise. The 64 is already a very liked and sought after watch under PAM collectors. Prices of the 64 shall certainly rise in the near future so if it starts to bore you, you are guarantied your money back plus very likely a neat bonus.

A rep has basically no value outside of our community and i.m.o. shall always be second by a large distance to the gen. If you have surplus cash to spend get the gen...

Thanks for your opinion, The 64 is very nice indeed, Though I am leaning towards the blue dial 87 because of replacing my Breitling, which is also a blue dial.

243xh3.jpg

Thanks, that is some thing that really give me an itch as well.

Am I the only one that prefers the Briet you already have? :unsure:

Ken

LOL, I would love to keep it though it just has not been getting any wrist time.

My Preferences

If gen:

1. 64c (La Bomba) - But they are already in the $8-10k range

2. 87d,e (Light blue dial, no bezel surrounds) Buyable in the $5500 range

3. 87 F... (Dark blue dial. WG bezel surrounds). Same price

4. 243 Pretty watch but prices are sinking like a stone. Can buy in high $6's already. That one will be priced like 87's in no time though.

If Rep:

1. 243 with proper He engraving. Crown is good but CG is suspect. Too much movement in bezel but still the best

2. 87 (d,e) I am told dial is correct color but have never seen. Horrible crown though

3. 64 Same crown issue as 87 and wrong bezel markings to boot. Although you can always tell folks you needed a replacement bezel as you get an 87 bezel if you send in your 64 to Panerai for service.