When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

B&R - Improved?

subzero1

So, I went by Josh's site to see if the new swordfish is out yet (I check everyday, obsessive-compulsive that I am). I saw the new pics of the B&R's, which I always discounted before because I knew the case back was horribly wrong, with those awful engravings where hex nut screws should be. Well, it looks like I might have to break down and buy one of these now, check it out:

14.jpg

And a front shot:

8.jpg

I wonder if those are actual removable hex screws. And if so, does it remove the lugs like on the gen?

I hope so, but that's a heck of an improvement either way.

B&R experts: Is the "do not unscrew" screw in the right place? Does B&R make a PVD version w/ hex screws?

God, I've been finding excuse after excuse not to buy one of these things. Now I think my excuses have run out?

from what i know all 46mm brs have hex screws on the back, the only thing though is that is that the "do not unscew" screw should be in the middle of the box and it seems a little off from the pictures...

other than that, i think it looks like a huge step up in terms of br reps. and like i said, look at that lume shot. to me, that alone is a winner.

im currently waiting on one of ajoesmith's pvd br03 and plan on getting it relumed which will set me back around 140$...

I saw one of these at a local dealer over the weekend and I don't see the attraction. They look like a travel alarm clock on a strap. JMO.........

+1... more I look at it, more it look effectively like an alarm clock...

I thought using it with the clock socket... that become the most costly clock you can put on a desk...and you still need to wind it on each day if you put it on the desk socket... even for a bed side alarm clock, is useless, it don't has an alarm <_< my conclusion was, continue to use my Casio digital Alarm Clock at $15, and keep money for something else.... but I agree, nice desk clock :p

Just my two cents.

The BR01 series have ETA 28xx movements.

So, the "Do Not Unscrew" screw is positioned directly on top of the stem release button.

Obviously, the DG2813 and 2892 both have different stem release locations. Therefore, the screw would be in a different position than on the gen.

Although the "hex screws" are definitely an improvement, with that there are many flaws that come on the new version.

The crown is slightly off, the caseback text is different than the previous version, and not all models should say "BR01-94-S-00555".

The 01-94 is a chrono and this caseback should be 01-92, like it says on the dial. Also the blue dial is a limited edition of 500 pieces all in black carbon finish. I love the B&R range but the 46mm is just too big for me. However I found a used / mint genuine 03-94 at a really good price and pulled the trigger. A bunch of other stuff will have to go to help pay for it, but then there is a bunch that wasn't getting any wrist time anyway.

Tastes are most subjective things... I think we could have dozens of opinions on "it's fugly" and "it's awesome"... Probably needless to argue.

For the B&R the main concern in my case is that I can't get a correct version because they're all too large for my wrist... This is a fact. :)

I've got a B&R 46mm and I love it. It's a great attention getter and a great ice breaker. It's great for those parties or at a bar.

Why can't you use an ice pick like everyone else?! :D

Edited by Importr