When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Super Avengers for 2008

i surely hope they release a chrono avenger-like or skyland-like in a version like this!

i still think they need to update the bezel... maybe an insert?!?! ceramic maybe?!?!

Do you think anyone would take the watch seriously as a "tool" watch if it had a ceramic bezel?

These new super avengers actually look VERY nice in real life. They have a better feel to them than the old one. Its hard to explain but it looks and feels more "expensive" than the old model. it has more of a feeling that the higher end Bentley models have. I had the oportunity to play with one for a bit last week and its very comfortable and the new "Pilot II" (I believe thats the name) bracelet is a 100% improvement over the cubical looking link bracelet on the old model. This would be a great model for GZ to replicate... Angus are you listening? Can you pass along a message for us that the people want a BCE quality Super Avenger!!

These new super avengers actually look VERY nice in real life. They have a better feel to them than the old one. Its hard to explain but it looks and feels more "expensive" than the old model. it has more of a feeling that the higher end Bentley models have. I had the oportunity to play with one for a bit last week and its very comfortable and the new "Pilot II" (I believe thats the name) bracelet is a 100% improvement over the cubical looking link bracelet on the old model. This would be a great model for GZ to replicate... Angus are you listening? Can you pass along a message for us that the people want a BCE quality Super Avenger!!

If you mean the 2008 models have a different feeling than the 2006 models then I know what you mean.

The 2008's are not much improved over the 2007 except for the dial; essentially everything else is left unchanged. The Pro II, although also an improvement in design over the previous Professional in many aspects (streamlined links being one of them), still lacks a diver's extension clasp. That is what is missing on what should be a diver's watch, IMO.

I think I'm sending my 06 model to get Double AR'd.. anyone know if lello DW will fit in the 06 SA ??

the bexel is off on that one though.. closed 4 ...

but I think the souble AR on that crystal (with it thickness).. will look pretty good..

thanks IT for posting the pics ..

@UB.. you'll probably pick up the genuine SOSF (new model) but i wonder how long before this is a rep.... close to the new year perhaps..

I think I'm sending my 06 model to get Double AR'd.. anyone know if lello DW will fit in the 06 SA ??

It should if your '06 SA is powered by an Asian or Swiss 7750. Would be a great improvement over the stock date fonts!