When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The first time....

LordRasta

My first experience with a rep was a very bad one and has already been posted as at thread titled "The Biggest Ripoff Umbrella on the Internet".

Anyone who buys a rep from the recommended dealers on this forum will have a much better chance of feeling happy about their purchase than buying from one of the many scam sites and petty thieves that plague the internet. My very first purchased watch from one of our dealers was from Joshua and still remains as one of my favorite reps. I have had the datewheel swapped, had it relumed, fully serviced, double AR coated, and matched it to a genuine leather strap. It still worked out cheaper than buying a crappy "Swiss ETA 31 Jewel" Rolex from Bluefakes.

Breitling Navtimer World GMT

newnavworld.gif

NTW2.jpg

box.jpg

NTW3.jpg

first rep was an admirals cup competition. from andrew. Oh back in the day, when everyone but paul you had to email and have passwords to get into the albums.

I had that one for a while, eventually sold it like all the rest. The big problem was the bracelet, it was too narrow and the watch heavy so it wasn't comfortable.

This was way before "super" rep days. - in fact just about 3 yrs ago this month.

Copied and pasted from an old thread:

I got into reps back in sophmore year (1995). I didn't even have internet back then. My friends and I would take our $6.00/hr paychecks and head off to swap-o-rama to buy jewelery and other knick knacks that we really didn't need. It was all a game. Then one day a guy had a fake rolex sub sitting there and I bought it for 30 bucks. I was kind of awed that I was holding a real fake rolex. It struck me as how someone could so blatently copy something and just put it out there without a second thought. Anyway, I liked the watch, and have been a sub fan ever since. At 15, I had never seen a real one, so I couldn't compare it to anything.

Then the guy at radio shack saw it and asked to see it so I showed him, and he showed me his real one. (looking back, I wonder, he said it was a gift, who knows.) I saw the engravings on the inside of the clasp, the coronet on the crown, and the smooth side of the band. My links were rolled and you you could see it when viewing from the side. He also showed me the sweeping second hand. That kind of busted my bubble a little bit, but then these european guys showed up at the swap-o, and had automatics with engravings on them. I was like whoa, cool, even the back is engraved.. smile.gif (back just popped off, not screwed in at all) I bought one, and kept going back for more until someone at school asked me where I was getting all these watches. I didn't tell him, but I did tell him I'd get him one for 50 bucks (I was paying 25), and next thing I knew I had a locker full of them and was selling about 2-3 a week. The best was the guy that asked me if I could get a two tone sieko and when I did, he held it like it was some sacred object. I'll never forget (or understand) the look on his face when he saw it.

I eventually got out of it, since I got tired of people commenting about a 18-19 year old could never have a rolex, and unhappily went about with (don't shoot!) fossils, citizen, relic, etc., until the itch came back again. I let my self get ripped off by the guy on craigslist before I found this place, and have learned alot and have been living happily ever since. I even figured out that just buying isn't enough for me, I have to mod a little, I built 2 frankens, am building another, and have modded my beginmariner. Went ahead and upgraded to a MBK Sub, and right now deciding between MB sport chrono and some kind of TT sub with solid gold.

My first was a classic SMP. I don't wear it much anymore, not because it is not a nice watch but because it is scratched to death. When I got my second rep (a brilliant Tag Link Chrono) I decided to fix the bezel on the SMP and it did not go well! Anyway I now wear the scratched SMP for gardening or any activity where it is likely to get scratched!

great topic....

After my brother came back from Thailand wearing a rep, I was hooked and did some searching on the internet and got scammed at my first buy.

Then I became a member of Repgeek, RWGand TRC and bought my first watches and some other stuff from Reg because he was in the UK.

_98O2625.jpg

_98O2624.jpg

BREIT-SOP-mont.jpg

_98O2621.jpg

and my first Pam from Neil

_98O3001.jpg

Every day I checked the mail if my package arrived.

Finally I got ny first stuff, I was so exited I bought another seven watches from Reg in 2 weeks

_98O3383.jpg

Still I am thrilled when a new order comes in, opening the package and surprised to see how good they look....

The hobby got a bit out of hand with a slight preference for Panerai(didn't know what it was before I got here), even build myself a little workbench.

My latest collection (only the ones I still like :2: )

IMG_0855.jpg

IMG_0850.jpg

IMG_0847.jpg

sorry about the crappy pics, had to use a phone.....

• 2 weeks later...

My first experience with replicas is not a good one I'm sorry to say. Ordered five weeks ago still not arrived, and to be honest I don't think they ever will. In a previous thread I was told to be patient (that's running out fast) After much research on RWG have come to realize that one don't always get what you expect or is advertised, even a refund which the dealer ignored and I probably wont get. Has gotten to the point now where I don't even want the watches just my money back and move on from there. In the mean time have bought 2 cheap gens, which I'm very happy with.

I should change my signature to: Fool me once, shame on you - fool me twice, shame on me....... :Jumpy:

This is easy since I got my first rep a little over a month ago. :g:

I went watch shopping with my brother, he was looking for a new watch, and that gave me the itch so I started to look at different catalogs. A came across Graham watches and had to get one, then I saw the price tag. :yucky: So I started searching the internet for look alikes, fakes, and reps. I tried to purchase a rep from one website and they canceled my order b/c they didn't ship to the US. I then found RWG and started to learn a lot really fast.

I found my Chronofighter and a B&R on Josh's site. I baught them both. I was a little worried that they would never get here because there were some posts about customs issues. When they finally arrived, 10 days later, I couldn't stop looking at both of the watches. People at work started to inquire about my new watches and I think I turned a few other people on the this world of reps.

DSCN4915.jpg

Now I want more, I feel I may be addicted. :(