When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Different Panerai Rep Movement?

absinth

Does this movement look like a different rep movement?

The engraving seems smaller and more gen-like:

http://www.timeshops.net/Panerai_Luminor_M...3;!_937.htm

That is a very good looking movement. But who is to say that if you ordered from there, that would be what you received?

If it is what you received, I would be very interested in seeing more pictures of it. Especially with the balance wheel stopped.

RA-

Great catch. And it isn't rough it is just plain old different. Could they possible be adding a different regulator plate with a proper dagger on a Swiss movement? Probably too good to be true. :lol: I bet Chinese as well. Do people believe the plates are cut closer to gen as well? I am wearing a gen with Panerai, Panerai movement and the shape of the bridge plates look really good. I am not familiar enough with the CDG rep movement.

Usual H-Series Swan Neck, isn't it? I doubt it is Swiss ETA, as those used to be all Chinese movements... I wonder why the CDG finish on the balance [censored] is so coarse, while it looks rather fine on the other bridges...

No, this is very UNusual. I have not seen a movement like this one before in a rep.

I would like to know about this movement. Who do I need to contact?

Well, then you certainly should search the forums, this is the latest version, dagger swan neck, pallet fork bridge instead of [censored], fully Asian built to what I have inspected. Not interchangeable with Swiss parts and a copy of a 6497-2 @21.6kbph.

Umm, no this isn't just the same. I have been following the 6497's through many many changes I know everyone of them by heart. I have not seen one like this ever.

This is does not look like your standard Asian clone. I can tell you more by PM if need be. I want to find out if anyone has this movement first before I point out what may one of the biggest upsets in the PAM rep industry.

Edited by tootall

I think my 111H is exactly this one... with the smaller "Officene Panerai" than usual on the movement.

I dont know if it's a real swiss like the seller told me or not, but I'm just satisfied with the look of it.

and tootall, please PM me if u'd like to expose sth. Im ready to take any facts!!

^_^^_^

My Asian clone? I don't have an Asian clone. What would you need to tell me, feel free to PM me. The only thing I see here is that the writing is a bit smaller, which is more accurate. I msut admit though that I haven't really been following things probably as well as you did, still, it doesn't look any special to me.

I didn't mean your personal Asian clone. I was using "your" in the general sense. IE: that car is not your average beetle.

I think my 111H is exactly this one... with the smaller "Officene Panerai" than usual on the movement.

I dont know if it's a real swiss like the seller told me or not, but I'm just satisfied with the look of it.

and tootall, please PM me if u'd like to expose sth. Im ready to take any facts!!

^_^^_^

If it is, I would love to see more pictures of it. Mainly the balance wheel stopped and a closer look for any ETA markings.

before I point out what may one of the biggest upsets in the PAM rep industry.

Unless you think you'll be mistakenly shipped a rep w/ a gen movement or you're planning on buying all of the supply, why not post what you're thinking? I've always assumed that the way it usually works around here is that people post what they think about something, others may agree or disagreee, and then we all eventaually arrive at a conclusion that's useful to all of us.

That being said, I'd like to see a pic of the balance wheel stopped, too. ;)

I asked watchmark. Here is the reply:

"dear friend

my factory wholesaler tell me that watch using swiss ETA 6497 manal winding movement. and i trust in him. but from my personal side i am not really know what movement it is.....i hope some member can help me. thank you

regards

mark"

I dont have the macro lens so that I can take a closer pic of my watch....

so... tootall, could u pls just share with us what u'r thinkning... I think we all wanna know what's in ur mind rite now.

wow....im feeling a bit excited!

hahaha....

p.s. It's not the trick of the photo for sure. I can guarantee that it's really smaller on the "Offecine Panerai" right there than other rep. There's a marking of 6497-1 or sth deeper in the movement. I'll find the pics for u guys later.

Now i can source the pics from my local dealer website.... so I borrowed a few pics and share with u guys..

The first is the overall look of this movement.

6497-1.jpg

This pic shows some improvement of the latest movement.

1. The dagger

2. the "6497-1" engraved

3. Small font for the "Officine Panerai" letters

6497-2.jpg

Hope this could bring some thoughts out of tootall.... ^_^:lol:

Share with us, man!!!

Now i can source the pics from my local dealer website.... so I borrowed a few pics and share with u guys..

The first is the overall look of this movement.

6497-1.jpg

This pic shows some improvement of the latest movement.

1. The dagger

2. the "6497-1" engraved

3. Small font for the "Officine Panerai" letters

6497-2.jpg

Hope this could bring some thoughts out of tootall.... ^_^:lol:

Share with us, man!!!

That's exactly what I needed to see. That movement above is Swiss base period. The only Asian parts are cosmetic. If that is the same movement that watchmark has in his watch, then that is the first true Swiss with dagger I have seen outside of Davidsen. But watchmark's looks a tad different. So, I would really like to see if someone actually got one of watchmark's watches and could take pictures of this same area as the pictures above.

If it's swiss or asian doesn't bother me at all... the asian versions are really good so what's the point in getting a more expensive swiss version.

What does bother me is the cosmetic side to it... how big the word "officine panerai" is printed... or engraved on the plates.

I hope a version with the correct size engraving is available ... and if they would also copy the correct case and crown... and dial for a PAM249 i am more than satisfied :D

so... tootall, u mean that my watch was installed with the swiss-based movement decorated with Asian pieces for cosmetics, or another way round!!?? coz my 111H i'm wearing is installed with the movement in those pics i've posted.

I'm so confused now, haha....

If your watch has the movement that is in the pictures, then it's Swiss. Where did you get your watch from?

I'm not sure if this is relevant to this thread but I've been looking for a 111 or a 127 to start my Pam collection. I received a reply from my collector today saying that theres poss a new 127 on its way but also that he had a few swiss 6497 handwinds in G & H series 111 in stock.

Totally new to Panerais & there movments but could this be the next generation of rep movements starting to appear, might wait & see what the new 127 will look like.

Mike

edited due to being sober :lol: