When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

leather strap wear against case

P4GTR

my strapculture has been rubbing against the case, you can see the wear. I think that the spot where the wear is occuring got wet at one time or another, which concerns me that its permanent damage.

Can anyone give me some tips on how to care for this issue? Comments greatly appreciated! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

DSC01573.jpg

Let me quess....Is it a Davidsen model?

Not much you can do other than get a strap with a thinner profile at the case side. 3-4MM max.

The issue is the strap thickness - it rubs against the case side. Probably nothing to do with getting wet there....

You might be able to limit the damage bu not using tubes or the other solution is to thin the strap at the lug end by reaming out the tube hole, i learnt this early on when i had to remake a couple of straps for a cutomer who uses DSN cases as they have shorter lugs, 47mm cases dont have this problem in general as they are rounded but all the 44mm i have seen require the lug ends quite thin to totaly avoid it.

I had that problem with a mario paci strap on my 111 from davidsen.

There is actually a very easy fix:

Take a small screwdriver and scrape off some leather, in the hole where the screw goes into, against the case side. That way you make the strap thinner at the part that gets scratched by the case. If it isent enough, skip the tube. If you are really desperate, mill down the screw :D ( I would not do this personally.)

A way to fix the the part thats already scratched by the case:

Use some non-colour shoecreme, so it gets back its darker tone.