When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help, my crown doesnt stay it comes right off

jun

Removed my crown (A7750) to clean up the dial and when I put it back it comes right off. The release button must be jammed as it looks lower than where is suppose to be. I pressed the release button as gentle as possible and still it happened. I've done this before with an ETA 7750 with no problem.

How can I fixed this?

when removing the the stem and re-inserting the stem, you need to hold down the release button. You most likely messed up the keyless works so now the stem will not actually stay in place - a trip to the local watchsmith, do NOT try to reassemble the keyless works on the dial side, you will definitely mess it up.

Good luck.

You may have run the release in too far (happens often), which dislodged or bent the plate on the opposite side

7750keylessworks1.jpg

If you have the tools & experience to r & r the keyless works, you can probably fix it (in most cases, you can replace or straighten out the bent plate). If not, Ziggy (or a local watchmaker who works on chronographs) can.

Freddy:

As much as I think that you have provided a great help, the removal of the dial, hands, datewheel, covering plate is very complicated for a person who do not know much about movements. I hope your picture does not entice him to perfom this procedure himself as I can see disaster coming.

I purposely preceded the post with the disclaimer 'If you have the tools & experience........', and ended with the alternative recommendation of having a watchmaker do the work. But your point is well taken.