When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trustytime(Andrew) Top Grade Vintage

jgpp63

Hi, has anyone bought Trusty's Top Grade Vintage Rolex. $218 as against $198 for the normal vintage, Andrew say's they have gen Swiss ETA and better cases and the web site says's they are 1:1 to genuine.I'm guessing this also means the cheaper has an ETA copy movement.

Also on there are some early "Bond" subs without crownguards which I really like ie. 5508,6538 at $228 are these the same as Sillix or better

Thanks in advance for your feedback

Andrew's 1665 DRSD and his Red Submariner 1680 aren't as nice as the MBW/MBK classics which take genuine crystals and inserts. But they also don't cost $350+.

His Bond subs with no crown guards are OK with the "supposedly" Swiss ETA movts. I guess they're really ETA, but who can say these days.

Paul's are a little cheaper with eta clone movts.

http://www.pam111.com/product_info.php?cPa...roducts_id=1811

And of course, Silix's come with the asian 21j movement and are the least espensive. I believe Silix also carries the Bond subs w/ Swiss ETA's so it really comes down to what you want to spend. Silix's eta Bond sub might also be a little less than Andrew's

If you don't know what you want, maybe the Silix with the 21j asian movt. is a good place to start- you really can't go wrong for around $85.

With him saying they are 1:1 I assumed these would take gen cystals, inserts etc? I could be wrong or so could he !

What I want to know is iif the more expensive watches are definatly better or not, somebody must of bought one from him.

I want a 5513 but am also interested in an early Sub as well, thanks again

Guest carlsbadrolex

They are not comparable to the MBW/MBK watches. They are nice watches for the price... But they are "different" and do not accept most gen parts without modification. Ive had both, and have only kept the MBK's.