When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Davidsen lume compared to Ziggys !

klocklind1

Umm... It's actually not "My" lume, I use genuine Super Luminova from RC Tritec. The same stuff the genuine watch manufacturer's use.

Unlike some modders, I dont' claim to have mixed up a "Special" (cough, cough) lume mix that glows WAY brighter and lasts much longer than Super Lume does (can you say l-o-n-g e-x-p-o-s-u-r-e t-i-m-e).

Super Lume is the best there is, C3 is the brightest, mixing up whatever in your kitchen is never going to beat C3.

I have never had a watch from a dealer that arrived with Super Luminova applied. At $40 for 1 gram (size of the tip of your little finger) Super Lume is very expensive.

RG

Unlike some modders, I dont' claim to have mixed up a "Special" (cough, cough) lume mix that glows WAY brighter and lasts much longer than Super Lume does (can you say l-o-n-g e-x-p-o-s-u-r-e t-i-m-e).

Funny, but sadly true :(

And The Zigmeister, self-deprecating as ever...

Zig recently did a PO for me and I can tell you that it glows very brightly. I am amazed that after being outside, it glows brightly in regular room lighting. Driving under an underpass, it glows. Its just that much better than any rep lume that I have seen!

I've been reading a lot of threads trying to research the differences between Noctilumina and Superluminova. In general it sounds like Noctilumina isn't too bad, however, I haven't found anything definitive. The advantages with Noctilumina are that it's easier to get and it's not too expensive. But, if it's cr@p, there's no point in even trying it... any thoughts/experiences?

I assume it's better than rep lume, but is it anywhere close to Superluminova?

What I'd really like to see/try is the Superluminova/Tritium mix that The Zigmeister uses, but I live in the USA (no Tritium for me).

Super Lume is a very fine powder and easy to apply (compared to Noctiluma).

Using Noctiluma is like trying to paint with wet sand, big grains, crappy finish, lumpy and just awful.

Like most things in life, you get what you pay for.

If Noctiluma was so good, you would see dials with "N SWISS N" on them. I dont' think it's a good alternative to SL.

RG