When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why do I keep opening up my reps!

Tom

My 212 stopped recently and I took it to my watchsmith who got it going in seconds. He also put a new crystal in it, but didn't check for dust. On my way home I noticed the dust on the inside of the crystal and it really annoyed me...so what did I do.

Rather than leave it alone, I opened the back and carefully tried to remove the asian 7750 mechanism. A slight jar when getting it out of the case and it stopped. Now it won't start.

So now it's going to cost me

Dude its what we do, boys and thier toys.

Bet you've always done this with stuff you've had, first kids toys then moved on to stereo's and vcr's and other electronic stuff. Now its watches.

Accept the things you cannot change.

I was finally able to get the solid back off of my Pam 055 the other day with a ball of masking tape, you'd of thought I'd found buried treasure with the excitment I had looking inside that thing.

Take it back to your watchmaker, that's what they're for.

Mine's shaking his head and rubbing his hands together right now trying to dry out and repair my SRSD. Going to cost me mucho $$$$$

c'est bien dommage

ST

My 212 stopped recently and I took it to my watchsmith who got it going in seconds. He also put a new crystal in it, but didn't check for dust. On my way home I noticed the dust on the inside of the crystal and it really annoyed me...so what did I do.

Rather than leave it alone, I opened the back and carefully tried to remove the asian 7750 mechanism. A slight jar when getting it out of the case and it stopped. Now it won't start.

So now it's going to cost me

That s***s.

for a minute i was afraid you were going to install the cannon pinion set yourself but if i'm not mistaken you are going to bring them to the professional.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Cats....I am I'm afraid. I've got no problems with the mechanical mechanisms, it's these bloody automatics

I really enjoy fixing other peoples problems. I've gotten over 1/2 my watches that way. The latest is an IWC GST SS that I just put back together. Too bad you aren't stateside I'd trade you some of your accidents for repairs on others, or even just buy them from you. I feel like all these broken watches are poor orphans and someone should save them from the back of the watch box! :)