When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

F**king Ppal

ajoesmith

You see i knew this was going to happen so i purposely opened up a bank account only for this paypal so i transfer money from paypal to this bank account and as soon as its in my bank account i take out the money. I dont use that bank account for anything else so paypal wont be getting a cent from me.

BUT they are still a pain in the ass!

It's a law. Trustworthy normal banks asks for ID verification during account opening - PayPal hunts customers (they need to!) with wrong promises and then, suddenly, they come up with their legal stuff...

Boycott PayPal, that's the only way to escape this bunch of ....

Paypal do not adhere to the international banking laws.

Also, no place do they openly tell potential members that their money is 100% at risk. That PayPal can, will, and has in the past, completely cleaned out customers' accounts, (including your checking or savings account) with no appeals process available. Instead they bury in the fine print of 37 pages of their "Terms of Service" (ToS) where they disclose to you that PayPal can close your account for any reason what-so-ever, or no reason, and then you have to wait 180 days to get your money. Think that'll never happen? Think again. That's what everyone thinks till it happens to them.

http://paypalsucks.com/

I wish you all the luck that this is solved as fast as you need it but as i know how they work it will be a big hassle.

Thumps up for your limited account

Greetinsg Navi

I find it odd that a photo would be required from a person in order to use an on-line payment service. No transactions are taking place in person where the photo could be used to verify that the person using the account is the person in the photo. I can not figure this one out. :huh:

That's messed up. It's not as if you are a dealer or anything. How many transactions do you have in a month? Something sounds fishy. Anyone have beef with you in the last couple of months that could have contacted PP to make this happen. Either way I hope that things work out.

this has happened to me before they closed an account with $1500 in it and i had to wait 180 days to get it back, but i have no other option but to use paypal

Let me guess they closed you account at the point you wanted to transer the ammount to your bank account

YEARS ago, I was scammed on ebay (using paypal) and MY account was frozen. TO THIS DAY, I am unable to use paypal unless I use a different credit card. So, a while back I even tried that...and since my name is on the card...NOPE...doesn't work. I get scammed and I can't use my account? What a crock of sh*t.

I'm glad not to use it due to many reasons (as stated above).

...but, sometimes it's difficult doing transactions here as some people will only take paypal.

Let me guess they closed you account at the point you wanted to transer the ammount to your bank account

Correct, both times last time and this time, tried to transfer money from paypal to my bank account and they have limited it.

I think they just do it for the interest!

I have been burned twice with them. Even tapped into my bank account to satisfy a customer complaint on not receiving goods for a refund. Did`nt care I had a signature confirmation from Usps that the guy received it.

Now I just have a limited account, but I don`t have to give them any banking info and usually spend it real soon. :p

Correct, both times last time and this time, tried to transfer money from paypal to my bank account and they have limited it.

I think they just do it for the interest!

It is because of the amount you wanted to transfer in one time and sure for the interest they can have with your money

Dont transfer that much money in one time or the account will be disabled or limited

Always split it up. I know for my

You will not believe what has happened

I just got a very nice phone call from a person in authority in Paypal.

They apologized, yes APOLOGIZED regarding the limitation out on my account

They immediately lifted and it and all is now back to normal.

If only it was as easy as that from the beginning.

But now i have his direct contact number and has said that if i have any other problem to contact him directly, dont bother with the normal phone number. He seemed very genuine as well.

Maybe PP are now finding some customer service focus, especially when the heat is on ebay over their restriction on using only one cash transfer provider in Oz!

The ACCC are not a toothless tiger, and will at the very least put ebay under the microscope over this. Personally I think it is a blatant snub of the competition laws here in Australia....obviously this little market is a test by ebay, and if they get away with it here, they will use that to push into the bigger markets, without regulation.

Amazing what transpires when banking rights are granted to non bankers... with NO contols!

No wonder Pay Pal sucks!

What is that analogy between Dracula, and the keys to the blood bank?

:thumbdown: Paypal.

Offshore