When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Okay PAM experts!

ubiquitous

Looks very similar to a DSN dial to me. The shape of the 2 in 12 and fat crossbar at the top of the 3 look just like my DSN dial. The "L Swiss Made L" looks to be slightly different position than mine. The sheen of the dial and indices are just the same as my dial, though. I say rep, but a VERY good one.

DSCF0732.jpg

Looks very similar to a DSN dial to me. The shape of the 2 in 12 and fat crossbar at the top of the 3 look just like my DSN dial. The "L Swiss Made L" looks to be slightly different position than mine. The sheen of the dial and indices are just the same as my dial, though. I say rep, but a VERY good one.

DSCF0732.jpg

If your pic is of a DSN watch, then I second DSN origin for Ubiq's dial.

Consider yourself lucky, ubi. This is the original version of that dial which is no longer being made by DSN. His new dial is still nice, but the "L Swiss Made L" is a little closer to the minute marks and the 6/9 are slightly less closed on his newer version.

That's a keeper, my friend! I was even lucky enough to get one of DSN's Swiss/swan neck E movements with mine (it was a 114E when I ordered it ;) ). Shame that movement is hiding behind a closed caseback, now...

I am going to agree as well. The more I thought about this and looked at my genuine dial vs. my DSN dial I started to realize that it just doesnt have the sheen to the lettering and dial that the genuine has. I have a T-based 010 dial from DSN's early efforts and it is similar in its quality....

Yup, as Peepshow and PAMman noted, it's an older generation DSN 010/114 dial.

Both Peepshow and myself made an extra effort in sourcing this very version from DSN, instead of his latest one which isn't as good as this one.

I made myself a nice 10D with it, also managed to surce a 'correct' D-series DSN caseback.

cheers,

babola

Thanks Babola - I did and it is with The Zigmeister right now getting turned into an 010 with the correct D series caseback (although I contemplate using my spare B series caseback since it is a T-dial)

I'd use a B-series caseback if I were you ;-)

10B-T sweetness awaits you ...

babola

Edited by babola

• 1 month later...

here is his current version of this dial (it is still pretty good):

dsc2197bd6.jpg

here is yours - first generation:

IMG_3155.jpg

here is gen:

pam101bd4.jpg

Thanks for the insight gang! Very interesting and enlightening post. As always, I appreciate the insight!

Cheers,

R

Edited by mil_sub