When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Okay PAM experts!

ubiquitous

I like your granite countertop better than the dial

I am far from an expert but, that dimple @ 3 on the side of the dial says to me that it's been redone. BUT as far as I know gen PAM dials may have this so I could be very wrong as I have never seen one that close out of the case. It looks very good though and I want one too. :)

I am far from an expert but, that dimple @ 3 on the side of the dial says to me that it's been redone.

I agree- Seeing this little chip is usually the indicator that the dial has been refinished (either at 12:00 or 3:00). But.... Who knows...

Panerai is uncharted territory for me...

Either way Gen or not, that is a great looking dial and would fool the hell out of me in a case.

I agree- Seeing this little chip is usually the indicator that the dial has been refinished (either at 12:00 or 3:00). But.... Who knows...

Panerai is uncharted territory for me...

About the dial, I would say: a very good 114 rep (slightly less-than-perfect placement of the "L SWISS MADE L" text and size of the lume dots).

Honpo, perhaps?

Unsure about the movement.

My genuine 003 Dial had the dimple at 3:00 just like yours, but then so does my Davidsen 010 dial...

Hmmmm... Interesting. Very interesting! Thanks for your insight, DL! :)

About the dial, I would say: a very good 114 rep (slightly less-than-perfect placement of the "L SWISS MADE L" text and size of the lume dots).

Honpo, perhaps?

Unsure about the movement.

Thanks, M. I thought the L SWISS MADE L was a bit odd, too. However, looking at the 'PANERAI' and 'LUMINOR', those look pretty decent to me. I think that is ultimately what has me confused :)

The movement, BTW is just a plain jane Swiss 6497.

Dial, BTW was sold to me with the understanding that the origin was unknown. The seller had obtained it as part of the inventory he purchased (he bought out an old watchmaker's tools and misc parts- He had some other Richemont brand items as well as part of that purchase IIRC).

:confused:

tough call, but I think rep as ssurfer says the Swiss positioning and I have never seen lume dots looking like that.

the printing on the other hand looks spot on....me dont know....but me want !!

Good luck with this project I look forward to see the result

Yeah... I agree! It's a puzzling one, innit? :g:

Congrats on a great dial. ;) Can't wait to see the finished product.

Thanks, W! It's you, Arch and Don that got me interested in such a project! Man... Ever since laying eyes on your guys' great 03 frankens, I've been wanting one of these!

How well does the lume glow in the dark, Ubi?

B- Glows pretty dang bright. Comparing to my SuperL genuine Rolex dials, it's just as bright, and just as intense. I'll need to ask my wife what color it glows, since I can't tell...

Dial looks nice but I wouldn't say easily gen just from the photos. If I had to bet I would say 70% gen 30% rep.

Edit.. Now that I see it again I would make it 60/40. Something doesn't look right in this dial.. dont know what.. and I have seen many gen dials ;)

Honpo, perhaps?

The more I see the dial the more I think that M is right. It is just that it is done very well that bothers me...

Either way if we cannot define gen or rep you will have a nice rep if you have not paid a fortune to get it. ;)

The more I see the dial the more I think that M is right. It is just that it is done very well that bothers me...

Either way if we cannot define gen or rep you will have a nice rep if you have not paid a fortune to get it. ;)

Thanks, K. I do agree- Whatever the origin, it seems to be very well done, which will translate to a nice finished watch. Thankfully, I'm not into it for much, and the entire project should be well within a reasonable cost once complete!

Hmmmm. I'm not so sure about this dial being a Honpo dial...

I too. Honpo was just a guess.

Just, I don't feel it gen.