When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hands luming only ?

Pix

07head1gs1.jpg

Hi folks,

I love the B&R design but they are just too big for my wrist. So I went for a 39mm reduced (unaccurate) version and dressed it with a made to measure Gasgasbone strap.

Paid 80 dollars for the watch, so there are flaws I can accept.

However...

I have a lume problem : the markers and digits are (poorly) lumed. That's OK, I live with it. BUT the hands have no lume at all, figure that !!

That annoys me more and more I must say. As you imagine, I won't spend 80 or 100 or more to have a real lume job done on this watch, all the more as I read that removing the hands on B&R reps was not that easy.

Therefore my questions :

- is a reluming... well, a LUMING possible on the hands only, without removing them ?

- who should I contact for this job ?

Thx for any advice.

- is a reluming... well, a LUMING possible on the hands only, without removing them ?

No, don't try this (IMHO). It would look crap, and you would would ruin a perfectly good $80 watch.

Buy some cheap watch tools and have a go at ripping it apart. What better way of learning than on an $80 watch! What's the worst that could happen?

Guest avitt

The watch may have only cost $80, but unfortunately, professional services like luming don't scale down accordingly. Each lumer will have their own style, and it's unlikely to save you any money if you want don't want to have the hands removed. (In fact, they may want more money, since this is not the normal way that they do things.)

If you want the good stuff, you'll have to pay for the good stuff.

Of course, I recommend Kent Park for relumes. He seems to be doing great jobs on B&R's lately.

Guest avitt
How does Kent feel about reluming rep parts? I'd imagine he'd be quite pricey.

His prices have gone up a little this year, but maybe not as much as you might think. From his 2008 price list, it's $84 for a typical dial relume, and $38 to strip and relume a hand set.

As for Kent working on reps, I suggest that you search for his name here and on the other boards...