When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Deep Sea...

Guest carlsbadrolex

Guest carlsbadrolex

Well, although Rolex AD's are not accepting pre-purchases yet... I have been promised by my AD that I am the first phone call they will make when it becomes available in Late September or Early October. I am making a "side deal" with my salesman for a 16613 that I have in order to secure my position in line. I am also trading in two gens from my collection to offset the high cost of this new beast. I was amazed to find out that even the assistant manager of an AD cannot get a substantial discount on new watches.

He also told me that they were only informed of the new line after the owner returned from Basel... Seems we hear about things before they do!

He also told me that they were only informed of the new line after the owner returned from Basel... Seems we hear about things before they do!

Nothing new there. I had a relative who was a watchmaker & he used to say that he was always the last to know when something new came out (he usually heard about them from customers).

I'm No.2 on the list at my local AD for this stunner but don't expect to see it this year really. He says 3-4 watches will arive there in a 12 month period. Retail is around 5000.00 pounds so this will probably attract a premium on the Bay I guess. I have canclelled my Dayotna top get this watch! but whether it is a keeper will depend on how it feels in the flesh.

I guess the waiting list on Subs is dwindling as they had both 16610 and an LV models in stock! plus SD's too.

Guest carlsbadrolex

Well, I just delivered a pristine 2006 16613 to my salesman (the assistant manager) at the AD. I offered it to him for a whopping $4100... So he better damn well come through with his promise to call me first! My personal opinion is that this Deep Sea will be the first Rolex that I buy from an AD that will actually appreciate in value. Maybe Im wrong, but everyone who currently says its FUGLY will come around and love it later!