When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Genuine for the price of a Replica.

AMK000

Lately I have started looking for automatic watches that I can safely and easily use for swimming without taking any risks.

I am discovering a whole new world of automatic watches that are ranging from 100 to 500 USD

All automatic.

At the same time I also have discovered that the quality of theses watches (Seiko, Orient, Zeno etc...) is much better than of the reps here.

So I was thinking .... an idea..... of creating some new subforums with Genuine watches.

As

How do you come with that these gens are better quality than our super reps here

Because I own both.

Ok, I have to admit that the real super reps (which many of these cost above 500 USD, see the good HBBs) are about the same quality with 200 USD gens. The 280+ USD reps are not as good as the cheap gens.

That's of course is a general statement

I would be absolutely guessing at this time of night (and my condition)

as to wtf does PMWF mean?

But am all with you on the initial concept.

I really would like to see this up and running,

as a few changes here and there,would make this a more interesting and evolving place. B)

I would be absolutely guessing at this time of night (and my condition)

as to wtf does PMWF mean?

But am all with you on the initial concept.

I really would like to see this up and running,

as a few changes here and there, make this a more interesting place. B)

It stands for poor mans watch forum, another watch forum PMWF

@Andreas: Personally, I think RWG already has WAAAAYYYY too many subforums. We already have lots of subforums which rarely get used at all.

If I could decide alone, I would make the forum layout even simpler and get rid of even more subforums (that we already have). :) This doesn't mean your idea isn't good (in principle), I'd just want to keep the forums as simple and user friendly as possible. And like Pugs said, we already have the gen section (which doesn't get that much traffic mind you)

I think there should be very heavy reasoning (and demand), if we even consider creating of ANY new subcategories. And usually when people post to these obscure subforums, they rarely get many responses at all... BECAUSE PEOPLE WON'T READ THESE AREAS. It's simple as that.

This is a bit OT, but here's a good example of completely useless subforum (that we don't have here):

Eyecandy

We have Rolex, PAM, TAG, Breitling, IWC, Omega and "Other Brands" subforums. If someone wants to search pics of the new Omega rep model, he can go directly to the Omega section and find absolutely EVERYTHING there. Search feature is one of the most important things on RWG, so where the hell do you need a duplicate "Eyecandy" subforum to make searching of all pictures and information twice as complicated? I say keep it simple stupid! :)

PS: People suggested a "Vintage forum" year ago or so... but we tanked the subforum just because we didn't want to make searching the forum a complete mess. And that area would have been just 99% Rolex MBW, so creating a "Vintage Forum" just for the sake of having yet another subforum didn't make any sense. There was absolutely no reason why the vintage MBW Rolexes couldn't be discussed in the Rolex subforum. And that's exactly the same reason why discussing Seikos and Citizens couldn't be done in the (already existing, and already low-traffic) Genuine Watch forum section. :)

Because I own both.

Ok, I have to admit that the real super reps (which many of these cost above 500 USD, see the good HBBs) are about the same quality with 200 USD gens. The 280+ USD reps are not as good as the cheap gens.

That's of course is a general statement under a subjective opinion (mine :D ) and exceptions can occur.

The problem with many of the super reps is that are "super reps" one day and six months later are not ... (the have changed the movement , the factory is now different etc...) ... so you can never tell (see UPO , SFSO ... both had crown problems on the latest releases etc..).

200USD gens are nowhere even close to (i.e. noob sub with eta 250usd -/+) our reps

i.e. we can compare the well known Seiko Monster(200

i like the idea too.

Iam putting off the urge to buy another rep and waiting for a 44mm Steinharts. There is also a seiko diver that I am after. Did I mention the spring drives? hehe.. I was out shopping today and noticed that Hamilton arnt that pricey either. I think unless an exception rep is released my next purchases are gonna be the above gens.

I normally lurk around at http://forums.watchuseek.com to get some advice on cheap-mid price gens.

@Andreas: Personally, I think RWG already has WAAAAYYYY too many subforums. We already have lots of subforums which rarely get used at all.

If I could decide alone, I would make the forum layout even simpler and get rid of even more subforums (that we already have). :) This doesn't mean your idea isn't good (in principle), I'd just want to keep the forums as simple and user friendly as possible. And like Pugs said, we already have the gen section (which doesn't get that much traffic mind you)

I think there should be very heavy reasoning (and demand), if we even consider creating of ANY new subcategories. And usually when people post to these obscure subforums, they rarely get many responses at all... BECAUSE PEOPLE WON'T READ THESE AREAS. It's simple as that.

This is a bit OT, but here's a good example of completely useless subforum (that we don't have here):

Eyecandy

We have Rolex, PAM, TAG, Breitling, IWC, Omega and "Other Brands" subforums. If someone wants to search pics of the new Omega rep model, he can go directly to the Omega section and find absolutely EVERYTHING there. Search feature is one of the most important things on RWG, so where the hell do you need a duplicate "Eyecandy" subforum to make searching of all pictures and information twice as complicated? I say keep it simple stupid! :)

PS: People suggested a "Vintage forum" year ago or so... but we tanked the subforum just because we didn't want to make searching the forum a complete mess. And that area would have been just 99% Rolex MBW, so creating a "Vintage Forum" just for the sake of having yet another subforum didn't make any sense. There was absolutely no reason why the vintage MBW Rolexes couldn't be discussed in the Rolex subforum. And that's exactly the same reason why discussing Seikos and Citizens couldn't be done in the (already existing, and already low-traffic) Genuine Watch forum section. :)

Well ... was only an idea ... but I get your point

• 4 months later...

I couldn't agree more: custom pilot series for RWG! +1 Count me in.

Steinhart:

Can't we make a steinhart group buy?

Must be easy to get at least 10 here.

I am waiting for a 44mm, blue hands, no branding on the dial, brown strap.

brushed steel.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...80&start=80

see the jake48 post

Maybe we can get some custom stuff or a rwg series... :-))