When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How reliable is this?

Alien

Hello everybody,

i am new here and i was wondering if you can help me on this. i am considering to get a replica submariner balck dial with stainless steel case/band from www.watchmaker.tv , how reliable is this website and what about their quality?

on the other hand, they only offer 316L and not 904 L stainless steel, does this make a big difference or what? and is it true that there is no ETA 27 jewel movement and the maximum that one can get is the 25 jewels?

thanx

and in plain english that whould be? :D

Click my signature (link to my review section) and read the Noobmariner article there. It's the best out of the box 16610 replica out there. Available with both ETA and Asian.

Happy hunting!

Good morning and welcome!

Your post reminded me of when I first started looking at reps and before I discovered this forum. Let the education begin. It will take you a little while to get to know the place, but it is worth the reading. You will have a graduate education in watches within months, if not weeks.

There are many members on this site that are serious collectors, some dealers, and a few watchmakers (modifiers, repairmen, etc.)

The watch you are talking about is the same one that peaked my interest (and many others) and brought me here to this forum. Most on this forum refer to it as a Noobmariner or Noob magnet ; ). Basically it denotes a SS or TT Sub made at the Noob factory in China.

Most of these reps are produced in Asia in one of several factories. The price you pay will vary according to where you buy it and if it is a Swiss Eta or an Asian movement. You can have this or a similar watch from anywhere between $100 -$1000 USD. Don't pay more than $100 for your first rep without reading here for at least a month! Asian movements aren't bad by the way.

They always say on this forum to choose your dealer before you choose your watch. Strong, sound advice I believe. I have posted a link here to the "Trusted Dealer" page on this forum. Most of these dealers will respond back to you on this board in a thread or by PM or email within 24 - 48 hours.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?autoco...E=02&cat=16

Hope this is helpful!