When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Montblanc sports chrono white (oops?)

llsteve80

Just go my Sports chrono from josh today. I was excited to get this one in. I tried the gen on the 4th of this month, and loved it. It has been a few weeks, so my memory isn't too sharp, but I don't notice anything that stands out. The weight and feel are great, the finish is great, and its solid, and makes little noise when moved around.

The dial looks awesome, its a sparkly white, hard to explain and I can't capture the sparkle in the pics. I'll keep trying though.

After reading the reviews, I thought that the greenish tint on the lume would bug me, but lo and behold, this is pure white. Just like the gen.

AR is there, but not sure if it is very good. Maybe just turns the reflections blue instead of natural color. I'd send it to chieftang, but afraid I'd get addicted to the service and spend all my money on AR.

I haven't opened the back, I don't see a need to, I'll just have to trust the pics on the dealer's website.

Unfortunately, I can't find any decent gen pics to compare with, I don't trust ebay as a source, thats for sure. Last thing I want to do is compare my rep to a rep.

Well, here's the pics.

DSCN0386.jpg

DSCN0389.jpg

DSCN0390.jpg

DSCN0391.jpg

Thanks guys. This thing IS great. I'd love to see it side by side with the gen. Maybe I'll wear something else and stop back in after I get used to this one.

Great pics yannou, is that in the sunlight? Cloudy today so I couldn't get the lighting perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the MB store a few days ago..... Now a little disappointed.

The gen has Mont Blanc engraved on the side, the rep "meisterstuck"

It's either a big oops or maybe they recently changed it. I believe I do recall seeing meisterstuck on the gen before, but now I am not quite certain.

• 2 months later...
Went to the MB store a few days ago..... Now a little disappointed.

The gen has Mont Blanc engraved on the side, the rep "meisterstuck"

It's either a big oops or maybe they recently changed it. I believe I do recall seeing meisterstuck on the gen before, but now I am not quite certain.

I saw the same thing yesterday at the store. They changed it to Montblanc. No biggie I am told, it is not a giveaway that it is a rep. Just an older model.

:oops: The makers are prone to making this minor detail mistakes! Look what they did to this handsome watch:

mbtwa2xt4.jpg

I mean, it's very close to the GEN, then look at that word AUTOMATIC under the MONTBLANC name!!!

That shoud have been CHRONOMETER......but I think they just copied the SS version which is white face;

and made a black face with everything the same........DUH! :nonono::nono::yuk:

Hike,

The older Timewalker Chrono had the word "Automatic" under the logo. When they started COSC'ing their watches, the word "Chronometer" appeared on the watches. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it started in 2007.

Hike,

The older Timewalker Chrono had the word "Automatic" under the logo. When they started COSC'ing their watches, the word "Chronometer" appeared on the watches. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it started in 2007.

Anton,

I know that they have it on the SS white face, but have you seen in their RG version?

Thanks!

Hike

Just go my Sports chrono from josh today. I was excited to get this one in. I tried the gen on the 4th of this month, and loved it. It has been a few weeks, so my memory isn't too sharp, but I don't notice anything that stands out. The weight and feel are great, the finish is great, and its solid, and makes little noise when moved around.

The dial looks awesome, its a sparkly white, hard to explain and I can't capture the sparkle in the pics. I'll keep trying though.

After reading the reviews, I thought that the greenish tint on the lume would bug me, but lo and behold, this is pure white. Just like the gen.

AR is there, but not sure if it is very good. Maybe just turns the reflections blue instead of natural color. I'd send it to chieftang, but afraid I'd get addicted to the service and spend all my money on AR.

I haven't opened the back, I don't see a need to, I'll just have to trust the pics on the dealer's website.

Unfortunately, I can't find any decent gen pics to compare with, I don't trust ebay as a source, thats for sure. Last thing I want to do is compare my rep to a rep.

Well, here's the pics.

DSCN0386.jpg

DSCN0389.jpg

Looks nice! Have you given it the pool or shower test yet? :)

DSCN0390.jpg

DSCN0391.jpg