When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any ideas why this new Ingy stops?

jmt

I have a brand new Ingy Ti with Swiss 2824 from Josh. It looks fantastic, and runs great... for a while... maybe 12 hrs or 18 hrs... then it will just stop. It'll run again if you give it a good strong shake or if you unscrew the crown. Because I HATE sending things back to China, I took it to the local guy, who said the mainspring was broken. Says he replaced it and gave it an overhaul... but it still does EXACTLY the same thing.

Any of you guys who know more than me have any idea why it does this?

Josh says 'movement is new... keep it running and it will get better...' Yeah, right.

What do you think? Should I take it back to the local guy (who said it was fixed and offered a 1 year guarantee)... Should I try to send it back (dont know if I can now that I opened it...)? Or, should I just wait and send it to The Zigmeister in June?

What do you think?

could be the hands are sticking..

Joshua .. is conducting business in and out of the hospital.. that's all I;ll say .. he asked me to be patient with him.. as his fever kind of messes with his logic.. it's not my place to say .. but maybe we should wait and be a little patient..

could be the hands are sticking..

Joshua .. is conducting business in and out of the hospital.. that's all I;ll say .. he asked me to be patient with him.. as his fever kind of messes with his logic.. it's not my place to say .. but maybe we should wait and be a little patient..

OK.... I can be patient. But, how would you proceed? I mean, would you try to push to send it back? Give the local guy one more shot? Wait til June when I can send to The Zigmeister? I am inclined give the local guy another shot (it's free anyway with the guarantee), then, if its still broken, push hard to return it. Why should I pay more than I already have to have it fixed when it was broken when brand new...d

OK.... I can be patient. But, how would you proceed? I mean, would you try to push to send it back? Give the local guy one more shot? Wait til June when I can send to Ziggy? I am inclined give the local guy another shot (it's free anyway with the guarantee), then, if its still broken, push hard to return it. Why should I pay more than I already have to have it fixed when it was broken when brand new...d

I'm sure it will be taken back.. Joshua was short with me a few day's ago and is still not making much sense.. .. not having a day off in 4 years myself I can kind of understand what's going on.. it's a pretty bad infection.. so why not try to mail him and let him know that it should be taken care of.. just a suggestion..

I told him myself not to worry.. take care of his health first .. for me it's just a watch and he has not let me down before ... someones family and health for me comes before my reps..

I'm sure it will be taken back.. Joshua was short with me a few day's ago and is still not making much sense.. .. not having a day off in 4 years myself I can kind of understand what's going on.. it's a pretty bad infection.. so why not try to mail him and let him know that it should be taken care of.. just a suggestion..

I told him myself not to woryy.. take care of his health first .. for me it's just a watch and he has not let me down before ... someones family and health for me comes before my reps..

Absolutely agree with that. He never told me he was sick. Anyway, let me see if my guy can fix... then, if not, I will push to send back. No need to hastle him if he's sick. But, if it is going to cost me more money, then he should take care of it. I am not in a rush...got plenty of other watches...

Absolutely agree with that. He never told me he was sick. Anyway, let me see if my guy can fix... then, if not, I will push to send back. No need to hastle him if he's sick. But, if it is going to cost me more money, then he should take care of it. I am not in a rush...got plenty of other watches...

Just FYI.. I actually had to ask him WTF was wrong with him.. i thought it was another person I was communicating with,.. and that 's when i found out he was in the hospital.. he will probably get upset with me for posting this.. but hey... these guy's are human.. he's still trying to get things done and answering mails.. high fevers can mess with your brain cells... i know what it's like to try and conduct business with a 103 fever.. it sucks and I say things to customers and workers that would not be said otherwise..

I was sent the wrong watch and he took care of it.. not costing me anything.. inthe last month I tried the new apprentice 's .. one was confinscated by customs for the 'wrong" paperwork.. they wanted me to call them.. errors are made.. sheesh ..like I couldn't wait to get home to call them.. no WAY.. yes the dealers fault .. but it comes with the turf.. i'll try and see if i can reason with him.. I don't normally get into his business.. but this could realy be misunderstood..

back later..

Just FYI.. I actually had to ask him WTF was wrong with him.. i thought it was another person I was communicating with,.. and that 's when i found out he was in the hospital.. he will probably get upset with me for posting this.. but hey... these guy's are human.. he's still trying to get things done and answering mails.. high fevers can mess with your brain cells... i know what it's like to try and conduct business with a 103 fever.. it sucks and I say things to customers and workers that would not be said otherwise..

I was sent the wrong watch and he took care of it.. not costing me anything.. inthe last month I tried the new apprentice 's .. one was confinscated by customs for the 'wrong" paperwork.. they wanted me to call them.. errors are made.. sheesh ..like I couldn't wait to get home to call them.. no WAY.. yes the dealers fault .. but it comes with the turf.. i'll try and see if i can reason with him.. I don't normally get into his business.. but this could realy be misunderstood..

back later..

I have no doubt he will take care of it for me. Josh has always been absolutely the BEST of all the dealers I have dealt with and he's never let me down yet. But, sending back is such a hastle, I hate to do it if I can avoid it. Oh well, better to have something in great shape, so I'll send it back.

Well I do believe this isn't the first time Joshua has used this "it'll get better" line. I seem to remember a comparison between a watch movement and a car engine where the idea was "it needs to be broken in".

Return this *broken*, essentially DOA watch. Then buy one from Angus or Precious Time, etc.

My $0.02

Josh just emailed me to send it back.. he will sort it out. Probably silly to doubt his customer service... I know there's a reason I keep going to him even if the prices are a little higher... and this is it. I'll post how it turns out, although I am sure it will be fine.

Josh just emailed me to send it back.. he will sort it out. Probably silly to doubt his customer service... I know there's a reason I keep going to him even if the prices are a little higher... and this is it. I'll post how it turns out, although I am sure it will be fine.

glad it worked out.... he's punchy right now.. sheesh..didn't mean to get involved.. hope it works out..

glad it worked out.... he's punchy right now.. sheesh..didn't mean to get involved.. hope it works out..

Apparently, I am too! Didn't mean to open a can of worms. As I said, he has always taken great care off me in the past, and I didn't mean to give him 'bad press.'

And, he's sending a new one as soon as the old one goes in the mail, so I dont lose all that shipping time. That's above and beyond in my book. So I fell very taken care of after all. Thanks, Josh!

Glad it all worked out.

Just a FYI for future ref.

Mainsprings dont' break, not today anyway. I have seen hundred's of watches, and have seen only 1 mainspring that was broken, and it was in a 6497 and the spot weld on the bridal tip was defective, which is why it didn't work. So technically it wasn't broken. I have a circa 1896 Elgin in the shop now, mainspring is perfect...and this is not an unbreakable mainspring that are in today's movements.

Mainsprings don't break, you were scammed I believe. He probably told you that you "overwound" the watch...another scam...

Next time this happens, put up a post and we can try and give some insight before you do anything else, there is a lot of troubleshooting you can do with some guidance to sort these issues out.

RG

Glad it all worked out.

Just a FYI for future ref.

Mainsprings dont' break, not today anyway. I have seen hundred's of watches, and have seen only 1 mainspring that was broken, and it was in a 6497 and the spot weld on the bridal tip was defective, which is why it didn't work. So technically it wasn't broken. I have a circa 1896 Elgin in the shop now, mainspring is perfect...and this is not an unbreakable mainspring that are in today's movements.

Mainsprings don't break, you were scammed I believe. He probably told you that you "overwound" the watch...another scam...

Next time this happens, put up a post and we can try and give some insight before you do anything else, there is a lot of troubleshooting you can do with some guidance to sort these issues out.

RG

Thanks, The Zigmeister!