When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Parts

pokerpot

Where is the best place, other than ebay, to get genuine parts. Was inspired today by another member to build a franken Super Avenger but my searches for gen parts have been coming up empty. Seems like a bezel would be easy enough off ebay but what about the dials and the rest of the good stuff (crystal, hands, etc). I might have a go at building it together on my own, without any watch building experience it should be interesting! Thanks

Boy you sure make a statement with your first post. Welcome aboard

I like to see someone with confidence, and the willingness to have a go, especially without experience.

A lot more information can be made available if and when you upgrade to "supporter".

Welcome and be sure to keep us informed.

i"m in the process of building my own Franken SA. ordered the watch form a fellow member, already have the gen bezel, already have the gen rubber strap, lello DW on the way as of this morning, going to send it to Chief for his new AR (looks more gen in reguards to Breitling AR) and my friend Discovery has got both Gen dials AND Gen movements on hand. I'd deffinatly contact him about that. good luck with the build.

although if you don't feel like putting one together yourself, contact Discovery about his for sale franken. it's a beautiful piece.

cheers

i got my gen dial from a local watchmaker - but i paid top dollar

on ebay make sure to go to preferences and chose worldwide as to availability

also google ebay germany and search on there, even when you put in worldwide it doesn't always do what you ask, germany seems to have alot of dials available

How about just purchasing one already put together?

SAwhitedialB.jpg

Its made with nothing but the best Gen parts that. Contact Discovery110. His price is negotiable. Good luck!

Ha, thanks... his watch might have had a bit to do with it... but I think that it might be fun to do it myself.. so might as well go big or go home... Would be fun to try and do it myself, and very rewarding as well. I hope someone finds a good home for Discovery's watch... I made an offer but it's probably not good enough so I'll give it a go on my own and see what happens. I'll try to keep everyone aware of my progress as I progress! Thanks everyone.

Edit: That being said... that is a gorgeous watch... I'll do some research and see what I come up with.. Maybe I could try to up the offer, but it's like getting blood from a stone....

Edited by pokerpot