When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Unbranded Submariner?

EnTaroAdun

Hi guys,

do there exist good versions (i.e. Noob) in an unbranded version, meaning without any sign of Rolex? What do you think about this one: The Bay I am not good enough to tell quality only from sight.... But I think it looks decent.

I think it would be kind of funny if people think at first one is wearing a sub but on a second glance it is just an unbranded one ^_^

Cheers!

I got one off the Bay a year or so ago. The bracelet is hollow link, with solid end links 93250 (I think that's the right code for the modern bracelet) It's really very good, has the extension as well. There is not a rolex mark on it or the watch anywhere.

It has the maxi dial and fat hands and it's a bit woky. It sports a 2836 though so it keeps good time, I also have had it uder 2m of water. No leaks.

When I compare the CG's to my gen they are pretty dam good. They look better than the angle of this pic shows.

Unbranded.jpg

inhouseETA2836.jpg

Edited by Greystash

The one auctioned under the ebay link I posted also has an ETA 2836-2. Although I am far from being an expert, I think it also looks pretty good.

Here is the link again: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUBMARINER-DIVERS-WA...1QQcmdZViewItem

Hmmm.... what to do :-))

Heh, that is the exact seller I purchased this one from. Though it looks like the watch has changes just a little. Mine does not have the display back and the CG

Hello, I have bought the "unbranded" GMT from the same seller from the Bay.

It is "first class" quality! That means, perfect heavy casse, perfect heavy band and the most importend thing.... is has the REAL SWISS Movement inside incl. a nice caseback! For this price... you can't go wrong

I hope, that will help you

Have fun with your new watch! :1a:

28032008650kx5.jpg

• 4 months later...
Thank you so much for your answers! This forum shows once again to be a place very worth being!

P.S. It is good to know that homer is the seller, so one does not have to go via the bay...

If one of these breaks down, do watch repairers happily fix them? I have heard that often, watch repair places do not like to fix replica watches, but seeing as this one is unbranded, it is more of a homage watch. If so, how much does it usually cost (and more specifically if anyone can tell me, in Australia) to service?

He (Homer) doesn't have a Daytona version of these watches. He currently has Subs, GMTs, and an Explorer II. There are also some nice Pam knockoffs. If you go onto ebay and search "swiss ETA" his site will pop up. Or try this link: http://stores.ebay.com/Exclusive-Watches-Inc-UK

Good luck. These really are very nice watches.

The link posted by USMC works fine for me.

And by the way, I have 5 subs from this seller. On the last three I requested no display back and he was able to take care of me, don't know if he still has solid backs though. As everyone else has said it is a very solid watch. Not a perfect sub rep, bat a damn fine homage which is what I prefer.

Oh, and first rate customer service.

Arthur

Edited by TOKI