When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintages From Trusty, Gmt-master And Drsd

chrgod

I ordered two of Andrews cheap Asian vintage Rollies for some friends of mine. These should be well known, but nevertheless here are some pictures. First is the GMT-Master with black-red bezel. A solid, classic pilot watch. It fits well with my vintage USAF A-2 jacket:

73985-31965.jpg

Nice stainless steel watch, great overall quality feel. Too yellow markers for my taste and tiny date-mag... And it has a triplock crown. But, in all, nice and great service from Andrew as always! :)

73985-31966.jpg

We all know the Pan Am connection with the GMT-Master, dont we? B)

DRSD:

Nice, matte black dial. Grey, rather than white script and closed 6 and 9s. Excellent crown guards!

73985-31967.jpg

The famous "Robot watch" engraving, but my friend whom I ordered it for doesn't mind. :lol:

73985-31968.jpg

The movement in the DRSD: Interesting to see the slots in the rotor and purple wheel, to make it more Rolex-like... Instant date-change. I counted it to be six seconds/day too fast: According to the "WO" logo under the balance wheel, it is a Seagull- movement.

73985-31969.jpg

All in all two nice watches, not MBW quality but very nice. :)

Edited by chrgod

I've got a few of Andrew's vintage watches. I guess I'm going to have to take the back off again and look for the Seagull mark. One does OK and the other is 5 minutes slow per day. Thanks for pointing out the Seagull mark.