When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Bracelet

elisiX

Hi All,

Quick question.

I just got my BCE today (holy [censored] love it) and just wanted to check 2 things.

1. The bracelet is incredibly tinny. Now this is an ultimate graphite/graphite version. In particular the clasp is tinny as all hell. Im lucky in that I have a gen deployment/strap on my SOSF to compare it to but it just makes me desperate to get a gen bracelet for my BCE. Can this be done and do most of you find the rep bracelet on the BCE really tinny? No weight to it.

2. The tabs on the bezel. I was lucky to get a brilliant bezel. Perfect alignment and tab size. The issue here is the tab itself is loose but the screw is in tight. This only applies to the 45 tab. The rest are pretty tight and not moving. Is this also common?

Im very seriously considering making this watch as frankenable as possible. Much like my SMP. So that would me Swiss 7750 and gen bracelet and if at all possible, a gen dial however the ultimate dial is brilliant.

Love it and will post up some pictures once my sister returns next week with my DSLR

I, too recently purchased a BCE (mine was from Ruby).

On mine, the tab on the bezel at 12:00 is loose. I was thinking of removing the screw and grinding it down slightly but I haven't been brave enough to do that yet and it doesn't really bother me that much. My guess is that he screw is too long and is bottoming out before tightening the tab.

My strap, however, is great. I had to lubricate it (being careful not to get any on the face of the dial), but now, it's awesome... really!

Take off the head,soak the bracelet in some WD-40 in a baggy for an hour, take it out wash throughly with hot water while rubbing with dry shammy cloth.

Polish with cape cod cloth and you have a very gen looking and feeling bracelet, there is very little difference between the gen and the rep BCE bracelet.

Cheers,

M

Having a little play around with it today I guess its the clasp/deployment which is the tinny part. The bracelet itself isnt all that bad - certainly not as good as my gen SMP bracelet (obviously) or my rep Tag Carrera rep bracelet.

As I have a gen deployment/strap on my SOSF im making an unfair comparison. The deployment on the SOSF is thicker and has some weight to it while the deployment on the rep BCE bracelet is thin and has no real weight.

I too am planning on building a Franken of my BCE (Swiss 7750 + Bracelet). Did you get your bracelet from the ebay add you have also posted about rasta?

Edited by elisiX

Love that rotor. I'm building a franken evo and plan on using the same rotor with a ETA 7750. I'm also planning on chieftang AR, gen diamond bezel and a gen bracelet which I already have.

The rotor comes from a Bentley GT second generation. The factory produces this so discontinuous and is not so easy to obtain only a rotor but there are dozens of Asian broken ... maybe. Your progect are stunning but I've compared my rep bracelet with the gen in my hands and for my 2cent opinion... I would not change it... perhaps if the newest versions comes with low quality that does not know to say!!

• 2 weeks later...

I too just got my BCE from Ruby. I am very impressed by the quality of this watch. The bracelet is good, but I have to agree with the OP that the clasp is not good at all. It is very cheap feeling and has sharp edges. In fact I cut my finger closing the outer clasp.

I think I will change to a leather band with deployment clasp anyway. Or watch for a great deal on a gen bracelet.