When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Explorer II

Mickey Padge

As per my earlier thread regarding my Submariner here: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=68284&hl=

This is my is my Rolex Explorer II....

It has a genuine dial and superlumed hands, but not the correct hand stack, I prefer the more sturdy movement, over a small detail like hand stack order :)

A few quick pictures!

dsc00916dy7.th.jpgdsc00917wx5.th.jpgdsc00924bx9.th.jpg

dsc00933er2.th.jpgdsc00934jy7.th.jpgdsc00935zz0.th.jpg

I really love the white dial and SS bezel, there is something special about it I think.

Comments welcome! B)

Cheers! ^_^

Very nice Mickey!

Looks like the gen dial is the way to go on the Explorer II.

I'm kinda of the same opinion on the incorrect handstack- it's not that big a deal.

Cheers alligoat! B)

Genuine dials make a big difference, its true. If you have the chance to get a gen dial, I would strongly recommend you do, even if it means picking up the watch and other parts afterwards! :lol:

It seems it may be hard to recreate this watch now, with a genuine dial at least...

The new Exp II's are larger than the case mine is using, so the gen 27mm dial is too small to fit :(

So you will need to find an old case Exp II, with the wrong hand stack, to stand any chance of success.

Cheers! B)

Guest carlsbadrolex

Stunning watch... I just made the decision yesterday to pick one of these up along with a GMT. Im sure I will be the FIRST you call if you decide you just cant stand to wear this one any longer!!!

;)