When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bad news from the North

vlydog

Hi all,

Just received bad news from Ziggy. The gen bracelet that I purchased to attach to my newly modded MBW 1665 GW does not fit the case. Does anyone have any reasons why or solutions to offer? Would it be as simple as changing end pieces? Currently using 580's

This is what Ziggy wrote:

Hi Bruce. Received the new bracelet yesterday, but unfortunately it doesn't fit your case. The end links fill up about 2/3 of the lug space, with the link sitting low in the case. In other words the end link doesn't sit flush with the top of the case lugs, it sits below the lugs and there is a gap between the top of the lug and the link. The spring bar holes in the case, and end link tubes, don't line up with each other, and the spring bars can't be inserted. I don't know of any way to make the bracelet fit, the alignment is out by the diameter of the spring bar and I have no way to move the whole assembly upward and inward to get it to align and work. Wish I had better news...

This is not in any way a distrust in Rob it is just something I thought someone else may have encountered.

Thank you all, vlydog

Guest carlsbadrolex

This is a new one... I have a set of 585's that I would be willing to "loan" you to see if they would work. Otherwise, I would agree with the above post that the replica end links should be used.

This is a new one... I have a set of 585's that I would be willing to "loan" you to see if they would work. Otherwise, I would agree with the above post that the replica end links should be used.

Very generous, Thank you. I may take you up on that. Still waiting for a return message from Ziggy.

Little bit of bending the Endlinks are the trick.

I installed a lot of them on the 1665.

585 and also 580 Endlinks.

Maybe the holes on the case are a bit off than you can drill a little bit more of 1,2mm

to become more space for the springbars.

Hope this helps.

I'm thinking the same thing, they're aftermarket and not gen end links.

Tribal has the best idea if the lug holes are indeed off. Good luck there!

Either you have poorly made (after-market) endlinks or your case was improperly made. My gen 93150/580/2mm springbar combo fits my MBW 1665 just fine without any modifications of any kind

Maybe The Zigmeister could post pics of your end links?

I'm thinking the same thing, they're aftermarket and not gen end links.

Tribal has the best idea if the lug holes are indeed off. Good luck there!

Here is what I know.

1. The aftermarket MBW bracelet fit the case well.

2. The new bracelet was sold as genuine so I am trusting that it was sold with gen end-pieces too.

3. I do have a extra set of 580's I could try and an offer to try 585's; on loan..

93150_3.jpg

93150_2.jpg

93150.jpg

Here is what I know.

1. The aftermarket MBW bracelet fit the case well.

2. The new bracelet was sold as genuine so I am trusting that it was sold with gen end-pieces too.

3. I do have a extra set of 580's I could try and an offer to try 585's; on loan..

93150_3.jpg

I remember when you posted this -- definitely all gen, so either the lug holes were drilled wrong or the end links (or loops within them) are slightly bent. :g:

I highly doubt that the endlinks have any problem. they look like new endlinks and Rolex has a QC. :)

So bending or drilling the holes up to 1.25mm would do the trick.

Looks like using the MBW end-links solved the problem.

Thanks everyone.