When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My trip to NYC today

JoJo35

I was born in NY, live in NJ and travel on business all over the world. NY city is today one of the nicest cities I have even been. Nicest? Hong Kong by a mile. Also on the list would be London, Paris, Vacouver, San Fran, Chicago. Unfortunatly neither Dallas or Houston would make the list. Too H O T and not enough alluring sites to overcome its excessive temperature!

OK, just for you corgi - someday plan a trip to Manhattan, before you go look up Metropolitan Arts Society walking tours.

Every time we go we take one of their offbeat, quirky yet supremely satisfying and interesting tours to parts of the city one would normally not even think of visiting.

These tours have totally opened our eyes to what an unusual, historic, quirky town Manhattan is.

Besides, there are, what, 4 shops devoted to NOTHING BUT TIMEPIECES there. One can see practically every timepiece currently in production.

The museums, culture, food emporiums, interesting shops, interesting organizations to join - New York Geological Society - they go digging for fossils every weekend.

I have such a passion for Manhattan - I sputter, I can't even articulate it.

If I was obscenely wealthy my partner and I would move to Manhattan in a "New York" minute.

I live in NYC and pass through times sq. everyday.

at first, its "wow" great superb magnificent, but after a while, you can't keep saying "move it" to big tourist groups standing all over the way taking pictures.

what to say.. mankind is ungrateful...

NYC you say...how can you not love this city? Korean bbq at 3 am after a night of partying...and then some Pinkberry afterward...hrmph! enough said..

the arts...the culture...the fashion...the myriad of museums...the diversity of people...and the food..ahhh...the food (can you tell i'm a complete foodie and should be 400 lbs)...meeting up with friends for drinks at a champagne bar or a rooftop...the buzz of the city is undeniable...do i ever get sick of it...hell yea! But I could never live without it...the only place that feels like home to me...

not to say that i don't see the allure of the suburbs...i completely get it (i've lived in GA, CT, IN prior to moving to NYC)...but no city is like NYC...

Thanks for sharing the photos Jojo.

I miss New York when looking at your pics.

I only visited it twice and wouldn't mind going there several times a year.

There is so much to see (Dave summed it very well) and so much I still have to see.

I hope I can go in september again (and grab another Kruzer master piece :lol: ).

My16600_800_72.jpg