When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Submersible Family

Watchmeister

A gen or two, a franken or two and a rep or two. I figured I would shoot some shots while I have them all in one place. Virtually everything is fully Ziggified. Maybe this should be in the collection section - but I figured this would interest PAMaholics. ;)

The Family:

IMGP1830.jpg

The Regular Subs:

IMGP1784.jpg

IMGP1795.jpg

IMGP1797.jpg

IMGP1801.jpg

IMGP1805.jpg

The "Deep Sea Divers"

IMGP1822.jpg

The 1000's:

IMGP1815.jpg

IMGP1814.jpg

IMGP1817.jpg

IMGP1809.jpg

The Infamous 7753 187:

IMGP1823.jpg

IMGP1826.jpg

Guest porsche356a

What a group shot. Id be hard pressed to pick a winner, as all are phenomenal. Amazingly enough though, the anthracite T sub is screaming out to me. Definitely an enviable collection. Thanks for sharing, W! ;)

WOW Kruz what a great Sub line-up!! I love the 170 tried digging one up over on Risti, but their were no sellers, that is an awesome watch! I ended up settling for a 106, which will be here today, can't beat an anthracite, T dial sub on a bracelet :D Wear them well!

Thanks for all the kind comments. It is not often that I have a whole group in the same place at the same time so I figured I would do this now. As other fanatics know there are always great stories behind each of your watches

170 - Picked that up from a large collector who wanted a 194 but felt he was long too many subs

24A - Labor of love over a couple of years. First the tritium reluming and polishing of the bezel. Then the gen crown and Jimmy CG. Finally the crystal and datewheel from a 199

87 - Original EL first version with crooked markers. Had to get those straightened while being tritium relumed and the hour marker bezels properly painted to match the dial. Then back for datewheel upgrade (I think - I get them mixed up)

243 - Got the wrong version first. Than one trip for relume and datewheel

187- One of the original Honpo 7750's. Movement crapped out and put aside. Than got all excited about the stock 7753 187 until I saw the quality. Thank god the dealer agreed to take it back. Another dealer was kind enough to source me a dial. Than Ziggy worked his wonders and cannibalized one of the original 7753 Pandas to finish it out.

Hoping to reveal a couple of others over the next few months - oldies but goodies with additional mods. :)