When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How long do you wait?

Kiterpete

I'm a newbie and I need advise about my first Rep purchase. I have had a on going issue with a dealer concerning order placed 5 weeks ago. Goods where returned to drop shipper 3 weeks go but email responses from dealer since then have requested I be patient. Request for refund has been ignored. My question is, how long do other members wait before they 'insist' on a refund or contact Visa to file a claim.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I'm a newbie and I need advise about my first Rep purchase. I have had a on going issue with a dealer concerning order placed 5 weeks ago. Goods where returned to drop shipper 3 weeks go but email responses from dealer since then have requested I be patient. Request for refund has been ignored. My question is, how long do other members wait before they 'insist' on a refund or contact Visa to file a claim.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I would give the seller 2 weeks from the date the defective goods arrived back at whatever address the seller instructed you to return them to. If it has already been more than 2 weeks, I would email the seller with a short, simple & polite note stating what has occured, what you did (return the watch as per his instructions) & request a firm date for a resolution. End the note by stating that you will wait 2 business days to give the seller a reasonable time to respond, after which you will post a formal complaint (listing names) in the appropriate forum here (this is not the appropriate forum). Then, once the beans have been spilled, publicly, see what other members think & decide from there. I would use Visa as a last resort.

I asked for a refund - none was offered. I asked for that the order be reshipped I was told the dealer was trying to track down the returned items, even though EMS shows the goods being signed for by the original shipper 3 weeks ago ! I have been repeatly told to 'be patient' but to be honest my patience as I'm sure you can appreciate is running out. My next step, by the end of the week, will be to contact VISA and ask them to investigate the issue, which is not my preference but feel I am left with no choice.

Although I appreciate the asisatnce with is matter from the forum members you can imagine how this has this experince with this dealer has 'tainted' my impression of rep dealers recommended on this forum

Before taking the steps outlined by Freddy may I ask was a refund offered?

The dealer may in fact be in the process of replacing the goods as very few like to go the refund route.

Ken

I've sent goods back to Joshua for repair before. He was nice enough to do it free of charge, and my watch came back better than expected. Unfortunately, it did take at least a month, maybe two. If by chance the dealer is Josh/Andrew, I'd anticipate a satisfactory resolution, though it may take a while. Good luck.

I asked for a refund - none was offered. I asked for that the order be reshipped I was told the dealer was trying to track down the returned items, even though EMS shows the goods being signed for by the original shipper 3 weeks ago ! I have been repeatly told to 'be patient' but to be honest my patience as I'm sure you can appreciate is running out. My next step, by the end of the week, will be to contact VISA and ask them to investigate the issue, which is not my preference but feel I am left with no choice.

Have you sent the seller a photocopy of the proof of delivery yet (showing the time, date & signature)? If not, that should always be 1 of the 1st steps. If you have, then I would post full details of the sale (name of seller as well a timeline of what you said or did & what the seller's response was) to the relevant Trade Reviews section. Once we know the full details, we can provide more specific recommendations.

I have forwarded the 'signature/date received' information to the dealer, same response "being patient" The last time I brought this matter up on RWG I was told that I was being unreasonable in my delivery expectations from a highly recommended dealer, followed by a litany of posts and PM's stating "I've never had a problem with that dealer - I'm sure it will work out" Hence my reluctance to mention names in this post. As I have mentioned, direct specific questions in the form of emails to this dealer have 'always' been responded with the same answer.

Personally I do not think my request for a refund of my money or some assurance that you will ship the items that I have paid for is unreasonable. I respect the opinions of the members here that think you are a wonderful guy, but I think you are giving 'me' a bunch of BS and I know when I'm getting the run around, don't keep telling me to be patient when the watches were returned to you 3 weeks or more ago.

Once again I would like to thank the RWG forum members for their assistance in this matter.

Have you sent the seller a photocopy of the proof of delivery yet (showing the time, date & signature)? If not, that should always be 1 of the 1st steps. If you have, then I would post full details of the sale (name of seller as well a timeline of what you said or did & what the seller's response was) to the relevant Trade Reviews section. Once we know the full details, we can provide more specific recommendations.