When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Aquatimer Slevin rubber strap problem

hooky

Hi Guys,

i have been trying to get the rubber strap removed from my Slevin Aquatimer. To replace it with the SS bracelet of the Yellow Aquatimer. I want to switch both. The Slevin with SS bracelet looks more neat and the Yellow with rubber strap will look more sportive.

I tried all but the right procedures i guess, since I do not seem to succeed in getting the strap off the watch case.

There is a small push button on the strap near the case. But if i push that and simultanuously push the strap bar, that bar does not give way 1 mm.

And i also did not dare to use a small hammer and screwdriver to hit the bar. First i would like to consult you guys!

Does anyone have an idea what i might be doing wrong?

Please, some ideas will be so helpful and will be much appreciated.

Cheers and thanks in advance,

J.A.

I would sujest a little lube between the rubber and the the pin, chances are it was put together dry and it is sticking, you might have to try to slide some thing between them to get the lube all over like a very fine screw driver.

They were bent on mine. A small hammer did the job though... ;-)

Thanks,

did you still need to push the small button while hammering the watch?

what did you hammer? the watch to also make it bent to get the bars out? haha

I have the opposite problem i can't replace the ss bracelet with the rubber strap (well not a real issue considered i like much better the ss bracelet). :D

Actually i can remove the bracelet but i haven't been able to mount the strap. :)

How come you are unable to mount the strap? Because that is the same what i need to do... Unmount rubber strap, mount ss bracelet.

It does not fit? or you cannot get the bars inside again?

right now i managed to remove 1 side. with the use of lubricant.

But still it is very stiff. The one bar i took out i saw that they even took some metal of the bar, to make it fit into the strap...

Only with the right tools it can be done. I have some watch smith tools but not all of this.

Thanks for the ideas.

How come you are unable to mount the strap? Because that is the same what i need to do... Unmount rubber strap, mount ss bracelet.

It does not fit? or you cannot get the bars inside again?

The second, i cannot get the pins inside again. I can remove the bracelet easily.

Honestly i've tried once and it wasn't a big effort....it was freaking stiff but i remember it was the same with my Iwc Gst.

The second, i cannot get the pins inside again. I can remove the bracelet easily.

Honestly i've tried once and it wasn't a big effort....it was freaking stiff but i remember it was the same with my Iwc Gst.

Okay, that kinda sucks.

What I saw on the bar of the Aquatimer, was that they filed parts of the bar to make it fit.

You could try the same.

And if it is too loose, a good watch smith can help you. they can poor some substance in the small hole. they heat that stuf, poor it in, and then they can put the bar in (when it was loose). My watch smith also used this on a small screw and screw hole that did not fit anymore because it just kept turning once.

I had the same problem with the Ingenieur kevlar strap.. couldn't get the bars inside, even with out the watch :(

I had the same problem with the Ingenieur kevlar strap.. couldn't get the bars inside, even with out the watch :(

And now? did you file it off a bit to make it fit?

And now? did you file it off a bit to make it fit?

File off a bit from the bar? or the strap? It seems the holes in the strap are just not big enough....

and right now watching the football !

File off a bit from the bar? or the strap? It seems the holes in the strap are just not big enough....

and right now watching the football !

from the bars of course. The bar that was stuck in my Slevin, when i got it out i saw then they (chinese factory) even filed off a bit from the bar to make it fit. And even like that it was stuck like a brick in a wall.