When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Skype status

phaedo

I installed skype recently, yet even though it is online all the time, my status shows up that I am offline. Any ideas why? (This is in the info I have on RWG, not in actual skype).

Also, a question regarding how to change the text below your avatar. How can you do this? Or do you need a certain number of posts (that I haven't hit yet) to be able to write whatever you want?

Oh, and hopefully the last question, how do you embed utube vidoes? I am sure there was a tutorial somewhere, but I couldn't find it when I looked.

Hope these questions are ones many people have been too afraid to ask and also after the answers! ;)

As far as inserting YouTube goes.

Find the youtube page and copy the url.

Go to the Reply or Post New Topic button .

On the LHS you will see Quick Access.

Click on Insert you tube.

Paste url in space provided and DELETE everything before /and the v=

This should leave you with a straighforward no, which is automatically enclosed in the youtube brackets ,there is an example on the page also.

Click the VIEW POST before posting to check if all is well ( there should be a youtube pic in your post).

Sorry I can`t find the post by TT on this subject.

For Skype I think you have to change a setting in the Skype account itself to notify people when you're online.

For YouTube I think it's just:

[Youtube]code[/Youtube]

I think you can change the comment in your control panel - is it your 'personal statement'? Try putting something in there and see if it shows up.

Right....it's Friday, it's sunny and it's almost beer o'clock... :D

For Skype I think you have to change a setting in the Skype account itself to notify people when you're online.

For YouTube I think it's just:

[Youtube]code[/Youtube]

I think you can change the comment in your control panel - is it your 'personal statement'? Try putting something in there and see if it shows up.

Right....it's Friday, it's sunny and it's almost beer o'clock... :D

Thanks CS, beer o'clock only just hit for me, finished work early. Real annoying working evenings.