When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Vs. Oris

Bizzon

I know this is a rep forum but what are your thoughts about gen Tag watches compared to gen Oris. Tag is definitely the better known more popular brand. But I tend to think Oris is the better watch. What are your opinions? It may be hard but I am not talking about any specific watches but the whole brand. What do you think?

I've often thought along the same lines.

There's no disputing the popularity of the Monaro and Carrera from Tag however there's definatley something about the Oris Williams watches that grab my attention.

Infact im very close to buying my first gen since starting on reps and I was going to go a Carrera, but I am 99% sure I will take the PVD Williams Chrono Oris.

In terms of the 'prestige ladder' Tag Heuer would come above Oris. However I could not comment on build quality. I've heard many reports that genuine Tag's are not all that brilliant when compared to Omega in terms of build quality. I cannot give a subjective view on this because the last Tag I handled was a while ago, and I wasn't really looking at the build quality.

Edited by b16a2

I have a gen Carrera Tachymeter and a gen Oris TT3 Chrono - the TAG's bracelet is built better, but there is no quality difference with the rest of the watch. If your decision was to be based on price, the Oris wins easily. They are much better value for money than Omega/TAG. For example, my gen Oris TT1 Regulator is built to a very high standard - I was very surprised, given that the price was about $1150...

The only "shortfall" that Oris have; is the packaging. The boxes and manuals are not as high quality as Omega/TAG/Breilting. Not an overly important issue, but it could be one reason why Oris are cheaper.

Edited by Importr