When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Upo Modding project

Bender222

I intend to purchase a UPO from Josh soon and I was wondering what are the recommended modifactions I should make to it . Ill start with a k2222 ar coating (double or what?) I hear the bezel is a real big "tell" what should I do about that? Maybe get a gen bezel? At the moment I am not a big fan of the rubber strap, if anything different than the ss one it would probably be a nato strap.

If you get a gen bezel you know it's not going to fit the UPO don't you? You can use the insert but the bezel itself cant be installed.

As for other mods well, it depends on how much you want to spend really. You can get gen dials, crowns, crystal etc etc if you want to make a hommage piece. Swapping or splicing the dial might br a good one to do cause the Josh rep has the incorrect 'feet' on the omega logo. Silix's model has the correct logo but there are other issues with her dial. You could get the dial from her and transplant it onto yours if you like.

If you get a gen bezel you know it's not going to fit the UPO don't you? You can use the insert but the bezel itself cant be installed.

As for other mods well, it depends on how much you want to spend really. You can get gen dials, crowns, crystal etc etc if you want to make a hommage piece. Swapping or splicing the dial might br a good one to do cause the Josh rep has the incorrect 'feet' on the omega logo. Silix's model has the correct logo but there are other issues with her dial. You could get the dial from her and transplant it onto yours if you like.

I agree with the above comments... I would do (and have done) in order:

1. Double AR (I used chieftang for this)

2. gen bezel and have the insert swapped (I used The Zigmeister for this)

3. get the Silix dial and transplant the logo to your UPO dial (in process right now)

The most expensive of these is buying the gen bezel but IMHO I think the pearl placement is the biggest tell anyway so the gen bezel is worth it. With the double AR mod and the logo off a Silix dial anybody would be hard pressed to tell the difference between your modded UPO and a gen

I'm pretty sure I've seen somewhere ( I think it was Pug) that the pearl is part of the bezel, not the insert and they can't be fitted, only the insert can be used....

The Zigmeister can work his magic :).. i'm not sure about gen bezels but isn't there any after market inserts that we can buy? i mean with subs there is watchmaterial.. but PO inserts?

You can go all out or go far enough where the price does not approach a used genuine...

Check this link if you want comparisons..

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=65876 ....

the Dial to me is worth 222.00 usd .. Genuine from Ofrei

Genuine dial is on the right .. rep dial on the left

img2339wx3.jpg

if jaukub is doing the crystal .. you will save there.. the genuine in the pics was 169.00 usd.. J's would be the same quality..

the crown and tube is a must .. for practical purposes as the rep crown is prone to failure.. the tube needs to be modded and glued in by someone who know what they are doing... but after this you won't have the common problems thay the rep parts will give you..

the bezel is good enough.. the genuine bezel insert is a fraction of a mm smaller ergo you will have spacing if you go that route.. the inserts on ebay are the same size as the genuine .. and thicker than the reps depth of the bezel.. so you will have to sand down the insert.. not an easy and short task...

btw the rep pearl and the ebay insert pearl are not a part of the bezel as the genuine .... but the ebay pearl is better so I'm planning on using it for the rep insert..

the only difference in the hands are the lume.. the genuine hands will cost about 35 to 40 usd.. if you have the rep hands can be SL lumed .. as mine were to match the dial.. the pearl also needs to be relumed..

you can invest in a very affordable crystal press.. 30 usd.. and pop out the crystal yourself to send to Jakub ..

I am going to do another UPO ... with the orange bezel insert and orange numerals.. and chieftang crystal.. it has already been AR'd and is actually better than the genuine..

Good luck.. all this info btw is by experience ... so i would advise you not to spend the money on an insert from ebay .. go with one of the mods coating runs for the crystal.. save on the hands... go with the dial and crown/tube .... if you are going with the genuine bezel .. you may as well buy a used genuine for a little more..

the crown and tube is a must .. for practical purposes as the rep crown is prone to failure.. the tube needs to be modded and glued in by someone who know what they are doing... but after this you won't have the common problems thay the rep parts will give you..

Completely agree. Gen crown and tube are really a big improvement, but you'll need some epoxy to fix it.

Send crystal to chief for a dobule AR, fix crown ant tube too, and you'll have a really decent UPO at a reasonable prize.

Edited by geyper man