When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Gen Air King

thorg12

This was my college graduation present from father. It was his and he wanted me to have it. what are your guys suggestions to polish the bracelet. i already took a toothbrush with soap and water to it and it looks much better. but i dont think im supposed to use a cape cod cloth so what do you guys suggest.

-mike

post-1284-1151090585_thumb.jpg

Very nice Air-King. That is in fact my favourite Rolex, classy, clean look and understated. :) Interesting to see that the "Precision" text-font is with serfis.

I would suggest that you stick to soap, water and toothbrush, and avoid polish and abrasive methods..

This is my rep Air-King. Silver dial with smooth bezel. It does in fact have the same shine as the gen, but it isn't visible in the picture:

74536-31852.jpg

Edited by chrgod

thanks a lot. the rep is very very close and very nice looking. my airking is an older model than the ur rep i think so i dont know if "precision" is right or not.

the soap and water works but there are several good scratches on the bracelet that i could do without. rolex servicing is like 600-700$ and i feel like thats not worth it. all i want is too get the scratches off the braclet.

A watchmaker could polish it for you, maybe $15-25 max, I would think. Or, you could do it yourself with some polish and afterwards, you might have to brush it a little, maybe w/ a scotchbrite or 280 grit wet/dry sandpaper. Look around here, there's lot of stuff about polishing, search, search.

• 4 months later...

I find it odd that on the gen Air King the dots appear to not line up with the sticks (althought not as pronounced as in the rep) at 2 3 and 5...

It looks like on the rep the dots are off place (not centered between the tick marks) and on the gen the sticks are actually a little bit off while the dots are perfectly centered on the tick marks...

Edited by Devedander