When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

CQout ( a few facts ,before you buy ).

rodwc

A few facts to be able to buy on CQout.

Firstly a buyer must register with CQout, by giving their credit card details. They charge you 2 English Pounds .

An email is sent to your email address , you must verify this by clicking on the link given.

Next before you are able to proceed you must verify your credit card details.

What happens is CQout debits your credit card with an unknown Euro amount, this takes about 2 days to even appear on your statement, when known, this amount must be given to CQout, your buying account is then active.

Even your mailing address has to be verified ( don`t know how that is done , as I havn`t done that yet.)

All types of payment are shown at the checkout, Easy Pay, Escrow, Moneybookers, Bank transfer,

Western Union, Master card/Visa credit cards.

Only not all of these are accepted by the merchant, in my case, I couldn`t pay with my credit card ,as it was not of the secure type ie, EasyPay , so you are directed to open up another credit card.

Thats fine if you happen to live in the US. ( I do not ). So I couldn`t get one.

I didn`t intend paying by Western Union , as it was going to cost me $20 to send $75.

I had to open a Moneybookers account, filled in all the details from the invoice, only to be told that payment can not be accepted and to contact the seller.

Contacted the seller only to be told that their moneybooker account was having problems and that they had to give a document to upgrade their account to a Business account. ( so what are they running here, bloody Play school ? )

So this is similar to the "free" accounts on Paypal, ( any more than 5 per month, Premium account needed)

The only option open to me was bank transfer, and yes that cost $20 if I did it myself on line. ($30 if they did it )

So all this payment crap, took the best part of a full day, and now I am informed that I have to wait 3 more business days for the bank

transfer to clear,

and you think some of OUR dealers are hard to deal with.

My advice.......... STAY CLEAR, of CQOUT. It really isn`t worth the hassle.

NOT HAPPY JAN.

Thanks for the heads up, sounds like a complete nightmare. Often browsed the site but never registered. I admire your patience though, what did you buy in the end?

Sounds as though this and other auction sites are going to become more used since Ebay have launched some major changes which are causing sellers to leave. I've read about Paypal becoming the compulsory method of payment and two negs against a seller causes their suspension until they are resolved.

A few facts to be able to buy on CQout.

Firstly a buyer must register with CQout, by giving their credit card details. They charge you 2 English Pounds .

Oh no, a company charging to be able to use it's services!!! :o

Some dealers, will refund the signup fee upon a first purchase... C'mon, it's two English Pounds, not twenty. People willingly pay more than two pounds for shipping, why not just consider it part of the price of the deal? Chances are, it's cheaper than you'd've been getting from the Cartel, so is that two pounds really such a hardship to pay? It's a one-off payment, it's not like you have to pay it again...

An email is sent to your email address , you must verify this by clicking on the link given.

Like with most forums...

Next before you are able to proceed you must verify your credit card details.

What happens is CQout debits your credit card with an unknown Euro amount, this takes about 2 days to even appear on your statement, when known, this amount must be given to CQout, your buying account is then active.

That was not a requirement when I registered. I would point out though, that it is something paypal require of its users who wish to 'validate' their accounts...

All types of payment are shown at the checkout, Easy Pay, Escrow, Moneybookers, Bank transfer,

Western Union, Master card/Visa credit cards.

Only not all of these are accepted by the merchant, in my case, I couldn`t pay with my credit card ,as it was not of the secure type ie, EasyPay , so you are directed to open up another credit card.

The checkout is simply showing the payment methods which CQout, as a site, support. The merchant has the right to use whatever method of payment they want you to use, to pay them for goods you want to purchase. If they don't want to accept paypal, or personal cheques, for example, they don't have to.

Contacted the seller only to be told that their moneybooker account was having problems and that they had to give a document to upgrade their account to a Business account.

Not the fault of CQout.

and you think some of OUR dealers are hard to deal with.

Not really. Of course, 'our' dealers, are not held accountable for their actions. Dealers on CQout ARE. Dealers with repeat negative feedback, get removed. Does that happen here?

My advice.......... STAY CLEAR, of CQOUT. It really isn`t worth the hassle.

NOT HAPPY JAN.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, but, what you're doing, is little more than acting like the guy who stands outside shops, warning customers not to go in, simply because they didn't get their own way. CQout works fine. It does not impose on people any more than any other business. I'd rather buy via CQout than with the Cartel. At least I know that I'll have an actual recourse with the dealer should their be a problem...

Oh no, a company charging to be able to use it's services!!! :o

Some dealers, will refund the signup fee upon a first purchase... C'mon, it's two English Pounds, not twenty. People willingly pay more than two pounds for shipping, why not just consider it part of the price of the deal? Chances are, it's cheaper than you'd've been getting from the Cartel, so is that two pounds really such a hardship to pay? It's a one-off payment, it's not like you have to pay it again...

Like with most forums...

That was not a requirement when I registered. I would point out though, that it is something paypal require of its users who wish to 'validate' their accounts...

The checkout is simply showing the payment methods which CQout, as a site, support. The merchant has the right to use whatever method of payment they want you to use, to pay them for goods you want to purchase. If they don't want to accept paypal, or personal cheques, for example, they don't have to.

Not the fault of CQout.

Not really. Of course, 'our' dealers, are not held accountable for their actions. Dealers on CQout ARE. Dealers with repeat negative feedback, get removed. Does that happen here?

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, but, what you're doing, is little more than acting like the guy who stands outside shops, warning customers not to go in, simply because they didn't get their own way. CQout works fine. It does not impose on people any more than any other business. I'd rather buy via CQout than with the Cartel. At least I know that I'll have an actual recourse with the dealer should their be a problem...

Ok, lets use a bit of brevity here for the sake of all the members having to wade knee deep through all this crap.

Where did anyone see any complaint or whinge?

I was simply conveying my experience with CQout.

Obviously one person took exception to me relaying that fact. Sorry , too bad.

At least the members get to see the other side and realise that problems WILL arise.

I've had no problems whatsoever with Cqout. In fact their sign-up process is more secure as it helps reduce deadbeat bidders, and as TeeJay pointed out, if a seller receives too many negatives, they're OUT.

I accept the fact that YOU had no problems with Cqout, .......I , f-cking did.

Did you ever post the fact that you had NO problems with Cqout ?........ No ...... you wait for silly f-ckers like me to come along ,then rip $hit into them.

If you care to re-read the OP, I acknowledged the fact that their sign-up process was too secure for me.

A great lot of good that will do the board.

nonsense.

400 happy customers served.

quit moaning.

NO FACT.

Easy to see which side of the fence YOU are on.

Did anyone see or hear anyone moaning?

I think the Optometrist is calling you .

Ok, lets use a bit of brevity here for the sake of all the members having to wade knee deep through all this crap.

Where did anyone see any complaint or whinge?

Only your entire post...

I was simply conveying my experience with CQout.

Which, from what you've detailed, was no more troublesome than subscribing to any forum or validating a paypal account. Do you complain about those things too? I appreciate you might have experienced payment difficulties with the vendor, but that is not the fault of CQout as a site. As DemonSlayer pointed out, the requirements of signups on CQout have considerable benefits.

Obviously one person took exception to me relaying that fact.

What fact? The fact that a dealer had issues with a payment system? How is that the fault of CQout? Were there other payment options which they accepted which you could have used?

Also, not just 'one person' but three pointed out that there are no problems with CQout. Given you quoted my post, and none of the others, you are clearly refering to me as that 'one person'. If you have issue with what I said, all you need do is respond to my points. I was not trying to be argumentative with my post, I was simply pointing out, that the issues you detail and clearly objected to, are not actually unreasonable or unheard of in other forums. With the greatest of respect, you sound like someone who bought something from a shop, lost the receipt, broke the item, and then starts kicking off in the shop because they won't issue a refund. Homer said: Quit moaning. To be honest, I can't understand why you are objecting to simple, and common, sign up procedures.

At least the members get to see the other side and realise that problems WILL arise.

What problems? That you had to sign up? That you had to pay an insignificant fee to do so? That you were required to validate a payment method? Those are standard practice with most things online. I think it would be more fair to say problems can arise, rather than will. The same can be said of any dealer, 'forum recommended' or otherwise.

Did you ever post the fact that you had NO problems with Cqout ?........ No ......

Oh really. How many times have I said that I bought watches from Tonyxkf from CQout? How many times have I mentioned I bought watches from Deeswatches from CQout?

For those who care to notice, I have done so on numerous occasions, so don't try saying I've made no posts about it.

you wait for silly f-ckers like me to come along ,then rip $hit into them.

I 'ripped $hit' into you, because, from what you put, your view of the situation (in regards signing up) is wholly unreasonable, given that similar requirements are made on forums and paypal.

If you care to re-read the OP, I acknowledged the fact that their sign-up process was too secure for me.

Too secure :huh: Is clicking a link in an email really to validate an account really too much to ask?

Indeed, it will do the board good to know that there is a site of dealers, who, as both DemonSlayer and myself mentioned, get removed if they get too much negative feedback. That will do the board good, because people will know that dealers there are answerable to others for their actions, so those who remain, are the ones who have earned that privelage through continued good transactions, not just be dealers who pay to deal ('poach' might be a better term, for the behaviour of some) on a forum, and know that people will defend their poor practices, simply because they were happy with their own transactions.

I'm not defending CQout simply because I was happy with my own deals there, but because the issues you raise, honestly come across as either irrelevent to CQout as an entity, or simply unreasonable, due to them being required practices elsewhere.

iOffer and LoudFrog are free to sign up to, maybe you'd find them more to your liking. I just completed a very smooth transaction with a dealer on iOffer. I can't comment on delivery or goods, as, as yet, I haven't received them (and am not expecting to for at least a week) but, the transaction itself, went flawlessly.

I accept the fact that YOU had no problems with Cqout, .......I , f-cking did.

Did you ever post the fact that you had NO problems with Cqout ?........ No ...... you wait for silly f-ckers like me to come along ,then rip $hit into them.

I think you misunderstood me, I had no intentions of "rip $hit" into you. I was just stating the fact that I have had no problems with cqout, other members of this board can read it so they can see my opinion. It wasn't aimed directly at you.

I encourage other members here to share their experiences with cqout. YOU are advising people to stay away because YOU had a bad experience...

@ Tee-Jay,

To say that I think ,you have misinterpreted the whole situation on my part, is an understatement,

Please, just let us leave it at that, the subject of CQout WILL arise in the future for many more members,

then they can use the search button .

This all really isn`t worth the effort, of relaying an experience.

I think you misunderstood me, I had no intentions of "rip $hit" into you. I was just stating the fact that I have had no problems with cqout, other members of this board can read it so they can see my opinion. It wasn't aimed directly at you.

I encourage other members here to share their experiences with cqout. YOU are advising people to stay away because YOU had a bad experience...

I think Rod was objecting to me pointing out that the issues he experienced were not exactly unreasonable...

For information, I used CQOUT for a few years. Always used PP and BidPay etc. never had a problem. The Rating system is much much better than eBay, because if a transaction goes really wrong, the seller/buyer is forced to rectify or be fined and/or barred. There is no messing with CQOut.

On a slightly different note, Moneybookers was one of my long standing methods of payment. Until I put $500 worth of cash into it for a rep purchase. For some reason, the recipients' address (a well known rep dealer) must have set alarm bells off - as MB then took about 3-4 weeks to do a "security audit". The constant emails and phone calls to broken-English speaking personnel was seriously irritating. The result was me losing about $200 (for their "audit fees") and being barred from MB permanently.

My advice to all is;

STAY AWAY FROM MONEYBOOKERS - THEY ARE TOTAL A55HOLES. PAY THE EXTRA FOR AN ANONYMOUS TRANSACTION. IF I CANT USE PP, I USE MONEY GRAM.

Edited by Importr

@ Tee-Jay,

To say that I think ,you have misinterpreted the whole situation on my part, is an understatement,

Please, just let us leave it at that, the subject of CQout WILL arise in the future for many more members,

then they can use the search button .

If I have misinterpreted your situation, then my apologies, I just do not think of the things you mentioned, as being unreasonable, or worth 'warning' other folks about.

Peace.

For information, I used CQOUT for a few years. Always used PP and BidPay etc. never had a problem. The Rating system is much much better than eBay, because if a transaction goes really wrong, the seller/buyer is forced to rectify or be fined and/or barred. There is no messing with CQOut.

On a slightly different note, Moneybookers was one of my long standing methods of payment. Until I put $500 worth of cash into it for a rep purchase. For some reason, the recipients' address (a well known rep dealer) must have set alarm bells off - as MB then took about 3-4 weeks to do a "security audit". The constant emails and phone calls to broken-English speaking personnel was seriously irritating. The result was me losing about $200 (for their "audit fees") and being barred from MB permanently.

My advice to all is;

STAY AWAY FROM MONEYBOOKERS - THEY ARE TOTAL A55HOLES. PAY THE EXTRA FOR AN ANONYMOUS TRANSACTION. IF I CANT USE PP, I USE MONEY GRAM.

SEE, another member inputting a simple experience.

Now, from reading all the above some other member is going to support Moneybookers.

Sorry guys , I`m gone.

If I have misinterpreted your situation, then my apologies, I just do not think of the things you mentioned, as being unreasonable, or worth 'warning' other folks about.

Peace.

No apologies necessary.

We all have our opinions.

Many thanks.

Sorry guys , I`m gone.

Can I ask you what this means??? pardon me, I'm an idiot. :o

I've had a good experience registering with CQout. I buy and sell there and have good interaction with sellers and customers. Been ripped off once from someone I tried to buy from... but that has also happened on ebay... :D

x