When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Swiss Or Asian Copy

kaiowas

Wouldn't it be easy for the guys who make the asian movements to also stamp an ETA insignia on it?

Thats what I would do.

Just as easy as (easier, in fact than) printing Rolex/Omega etc. etc. on the front, I would have thought....

Wouldn't it be easy for the guys who make the asian movements to also stamp an ETA insignia on it?

The people who make the movements aren't making replicas, they're making movements. To stamp ETA on it, you'd need to disassemble the whole movement, stamp it and put it back together. Why bother?

The people who make the movements aren't making replicas, they're making movements. To stamp ETA on it, you'd need to disassemble the whole movement, stamp it and put it back together. Why bother?

Don't know about all of them, but I have some ETA movements in some Omegas and Rolexes and some Asian in similar watches. When you wind them, the ETA movement feels more solid, and it takes more turns of the crown to move the hour hand when setting the time, the asian hour hand flies around the dial when you turn the crown while it takes about twice as many turns for the ETA crown.

Hope this helps.