When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Screw tube help

55evp

the screw tubes on my DSN 111H seem to be a little short. the non-threaded side seems to recess too far into the case and it looks a bit strange. do any of you have any recommendations for longer screw tubes? they need to be about 1mm longer. thanks in advance.

I've noticed that some cases are not as wide as some others, hence the different size screw tubes. One thing that might solve your problem is getting those push pin type that look like screw tubes. I forget where you can get them, but I'm sure someone will chime in with that info. Good luck.

the screw tubes on my DSN 111H seem to be a little short. the non-threaded side seems to recess too far into the case and it looks a bit strange. do any of you have any recommendations for longer screw tubes? they need to be about 1mm longer. thanks in advance.

It's less likely that DSN's screws are too short but more likely than his case is wider at the lugs than it should be. His stuff is very inaccurate and poorly fitting. However try another set of screws just to make sure as regular reps screws vary slightly in length and you obviously need the longest that you can find. If you really want to sort this properly consider buying 26mm screws and cutting them to the exact length that you need and then recutting screw slots again. Not easy I'm sure but worth a try.

It's less likely that DSN's screws are too short but more likely than his case is wider at the lugs than it should be. His stuff is very inaccurate and poorly fitting. However try another set of screws just to make sure as regular reps screws vary slightly in length and you obviously need the longest that you can find. If you really want to sort this properly consider buying 26mm screws and cutting them to the exact length that you need and then recutting screw slots again. Not easy I'm sure but worth a try.

who does have the nicest case? i'm sure that's a subjective question, but if not DSN, what rep manufacturer?

Also, there are a few different sellers (from US, UK, and Australia) for Panerai screws on eBay. Just do a search for "panerai screws".

I tried them all and got slightly different length screws, so I now use one or another one according with different cases.

I am unsure they fit a DSN case, though -- I never tried them on such a case.

who does have the nicest case? i'm sure that's a subjective question, but if not DSN, what rep manufacturer?

DSN has the most inaccurate in terms of overall dimensions etc. He has different cases for different models and some, like his preV 5218/201A for example, are simply hideously deformed with a too high crown position and then a too tall bezel and misshapen CG to disguise the flaws. For some inexplicable reason he seems to think that the preV watches should have a taller bezel when actually the reverse is true.

Check out this link, changing xx for tt and search for DSN's post of his new 201A - then compare.

hxxp://www.paneristi.com/archives/casedifferences/index.html

To answer your question - anyone but DSN - honestly Jimmy Fu's was the only 1:1 copy but the rest are pretty good, certainly miles better than DSN's rubbish.

Teejay, So you do or you don't need tubes with Rivers springbars.? ;)

You don't really NEED tubes at all !!....In fact several very talented strap makers..Tootall come immediately to mind, recommend AGAINST using them at all...In my 8 or 9 pams that have passed through my hands, I have only encountered one set of tubes, and they still sit in my junk box....

No, you don't need tubes with the spring bars. In fact, the spring bars are too thick to even try to use the tubes with them. The thing that tubes do is allow for easier strap rotation as there is less friction with steel/steel contact than there is with leather/steel contact. The spring bars rotate freely in the lugs, so you get the same effect as using tubes/screws. It all comes down to personal preference, IMO. I like the feeling that tubes (or spring bars) give. I will say that I've never had a lug screw loosen up because I wasn't using tubes, though.