When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sub Crown Release Pushed Too Far

I know, I know... I screwed up, but how bad? I was removing the crown on my sub lv and accidentaly used a pin instead of screw driver (same pin I was using 20 minutes early to release the crown of my navitimer). It appears I pushed the release pin in too far, I'm guessing thats the reason for the screw driver slot to prevent you from pushing it too far. Now the crown wont reinsert properly, how bad did I screw this up?

I know that I probably will not be able to fix, but is this something that any watchmaker should be able to fix relatively easy or is this a job that only a The Zigmeister can do?

It is most definately repairable.

I hate to sound like a broken record but to this day I still thank God for the TZ watch repair course. A little pricey but it's nice to be able to fix things like this !

A five minute job!

Good luck :D

I know, I know... I screwed up, but how bad? I was removing the crown on my sub lv and accidentaly used a pin instead of screw driver (same pin I was using 20 minutes early to release the crown of my navitimer). It appears I pushed the release pin in too far, I'm guessing thats the reason for the screw driver slot to prevent you from pushing it too far. Now the crown wont reinsert properly, how bad did I screw this up?

Welcome to the club. My GMT is out of commission for the same reason. :D

Should be rather easy to fix. Just need to access the keyless works to reposition the release button. I've done it a few times on some UT's and the sort (after unscrewing the release too far). I have an old ETA that needs this done as well.

Perhaps if I get some time to sit down with it, I could do a photo walk through?