When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Greetings from India!

Hi,

I've always been a watch aficionado, favourites being Omegas and Breitlings. I stumbled across this forum by accident recently and have been hooked ever since. The passion that some of you guys have for watches is simply amazing - it takes a lot of effort and sheer love for watches for coming up with such beautiful articles and reviews. Cheers and keep up the good work, if only for newbies like us to drool and despair!! :)

I'm new to the world of replicas though. It may sound strange, but its practically impossible to source a half-decent replica in India. There are a lot of fakes available, but they won't even fool a 5-year old. Even without the knowledge on reps that I gained from this forum, I could easily make out the difference in quality. :yuk:

I'm looking to purchase a rep - maybe something within 100$ to start with. Which model would you guys recommend as a good buy? If this goes well, I would start building a collection of my own, swiss movements et. al. :D

Also, I would really appreciate if you could point me towards a reliable dealer who operates somewhere in this part of the world and has experience of sending stuff to India. Are there any other Indians on this board by any chance?

Cheers,

Wim

Ram ram and welcome to RWG Wim, not an Indian but I married one.

Just hang on tight to your wallet because you are going to see very many beautiful reps here and I assure you it can be an expensive hobby. ;)

Ken

Hi Wim, nice to get you onboard.

If you want to start with a cheaper replica, I recommend you to read Chrgod's excellent guide of the "Top ten bargain buys". It's an excellent guide and it covers the best of the best cheaper reps.

Read it here.

Happy hunting!

Jai Shree Ram

As Ken rightly pointed out, this can be, and is, a very expensive (and interesting) hobby. And I agree with you that most of the reps in India are cheap knock-offs being sold by road-sides or dinghy shops.

Enjoy your stay here.

Cheers