When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Swiss or not ?

Spy

Hi everyone, please help. I am on the verge of buying this PAM111 based on the fact it is supposed to be a SWISS Unitas 6497-2 movement.

I have searched the forums, looked at lots of pics but still none the wiser.

Can some of you more experienced people help me please ?

The pic is linked here:

Pic of the movement

Thanks.

I'm not the biggest expert but if you ask me it's chinese.

But the picture is not sharp enough and it doesn't show a lot of detail.

I based my opinion on the blue screws ( painted screws ) and on the avaialbility of gen ETA movements

Be aweare there are almost no true Swiss ETA Unitas movements available anymore and the retail value of a gen ETA is at least 130 euro's

Carpe Diem

Cats

I think it is a real swiss 6497. I can see that when You look at the spokes of the balance that look different on a chineese one and the incablock shockabsorber look like the original Panerai ( swiss eta 6497 ) one!

Hi everyone, please help. I am on the verge of buying this PAM111 based on the fact it is supposed to be a SWISS Unitas 6497-2 movement.

I have searched the forums, looked at lots of pics but still none the wiser.

Can some of you more experienced people help me please ?

The pic is linked here:

Pic of the movement

Thanks.

I'm not a movement expert by any means but I tend to agree that it's Swiss - at least the incabloc is Swiss rather than Asian. However I have only found this incabloc on higher grade movements, complete with proper blued screws, sunburst wheels etc. Check for the stamped ETA baseplate.

...... and the incablock shockabsorber look like the original Panerai ( swiss eta 6497 ) one!

I've never seen this on a rep so far. No matter how perfect the decoration on a rep movement, the missing little V-shaped hole at the end of the incablock usually gives it away.

But perhaps this is the next step in rep movements, which would be great news!

@Spy: note that this style of bridges and decoration is incorrect for an H-series PAM111.

I've seen tons of movements with either Novodiac or Incabloc shock absorders. So that not a key feature for Swiss or Chinese movements.

If a ETA stamp on the base plate tells us that it's a gen what out all the ingravings rolex crowns etc on our reps.

Carpe Diem

Cats

P.s if you realy want to know what kind of movement this is ask T or The Zigmeister they van telli oyu in a split second if it's Swiss or not.

Looks SWISS to me...but its an incorrect movement for the H series 111....

cheers

Thanks Tech.

Is there any issue with the movement not matching the model i.e. H ?

Apart from it not being an accurate replica ?

Thanks Tech.

Is there any issue with the movement not matching the model i.e. H ?

Apart from it not being an accurate replica ?

Nope...that movement will power that watch just fine....but it screams rep as the finished movements changed with the H series and up...that movement you have there should go in a closed back pam....

cheers

Guest avitt

It looks like every other Swiss 6497-1, with glued on "Panerai" foils, that was used on every Pam rep prior to the development of the Asian clone.

Thanks everyone.

I assume the swiss 6497-1 is a better quality movement than the asian clones, in terms of reliability rather than rep accuracy ?