When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Opinions on the Bell & Ross Tourbillon Rep

agepag

• 2 months later...

Let me know opinions on this gents.

I think that getting a Tourbillion REP is kinda a waste no? These watches are very limited in number and cost way over $100k for starters. So y get one if we still have to go to our nine to five, pulling up in something that doesn't cost half as much unless you're rolling exotics, etc. I don't get it. . .Can someone clue me in?

Let me know opinions on this gents.

I think that getting a Tourbillion REP is kinda a waste no? These watches are very limited in number and cost way over $100k for starters. So y get one if we still have to go to our nine to five, pulling up in something that doesn't cost half as much unless you're rolling exotics, etc. I don't get it. . .Can someone clue me in?

But the ones Timeshops has in the inventory are only $147 facsimiles, they are not real tourbillon movements, just "open heart" balance wheels faking the Tourbillon look of the Bell and Ross BR 01. At least it looks close to the genuine, other real tourbillon movement replicas don't even come close.

There are a lot of replicas of $100K watches that people like to have in their collection just because they admire them (think of the PP Sky-Moon), but wearing them as if they were real in public, I agree is probably not realistic, also since most of these type of genuine watches are "safety-deposit-box" items that never see the light of day.

I'm quite happy with ma Homer.. hey Omni .. trades back on Maui yet ?.. the past week has been MUGGY here.. ;)
No trades Lani, I'm right above Wailea, South Maui, was muggy but interestingly not today. It rained like the drought was done today (buckets), but 3 miles north dry and sunny. Funny, we get used to it here don't we, but mainland folks just can't fathom it pouring rain all day as its funneling off the mountain (Haleakala) in one place and the sun is shining overhead sometimes. Land of rainbows all day.