When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Back from Ziggy's Spa... Modded+ 1680 Eye Candy...

seadweller3

No Chit. Fact is, 99% of people wont know and the 1% that do know would be able to call out even the best franken.

If I can get genuine parts on the cheap I am all for it. If not, I am not going to drop $1k on a fake watch much less A dial or A movement.

Here is mine with insert - $120, crystal - $50, crown - $25, and a whole lot of TLC. Everything else is rep stuff and that is fine with me.

1000971rt3.jpg

And maybe seadweller3's mistake will serve as a lesson. You cant fool a WIS with a made over fake. There is always something that will tell on you. ALWAYS.

quote =

...I am not going to drop $1k on a fake watch much less A dial or A movement.

/quote

I agree 100% because a replica watch is basically worthless except for a novelty or a basic time keeper. They will never reach mainstream collector status like genuine watches because of what they are...I better take the 'worthless' part back though because Swiss Eta movements are beginning to be worth a few bucks. :lol:

(I could be totally wrong of course because a few years from now, who knows what will be a collector item?)

The only replicas I am familiar with that might be termed 'collectible' are the manual wind Daytonas with Poljot 3133 (Valjoux 7733 clone) movements. I have seen them called 'DW' Daytonas on forums and they look a lot like genuine watches with 19mm lugs, smaller cases etc...not like later models with Venus 175 clones in them. There may be correct size Venus clone watches around but I have not seen one.

I do not waste first class genuine parts on replicas...I use new generic case tubes, used genuine crowns, new generic crystals, used dials (non collectible), bezels etc. On my DJ projects, I install used gold bezels, crowns etc, generic sapphire oem spec crystals, generic Eta/tudor hands, and gaskets. My last one has a genuine 18k fluted bezel that someone polished a flat spot in. I turned it down and made a smooth bezel out of it.

I use mostly replica dials but have a qs DJ dial with one dial foot broken off and may use it in the next one. I made up a few OPD with genuine cases and dials because there used to be a lot of cases, bracelets, and dials around from genuine watches scrapped out to use the movements in replica gold cases...OPD watches were cheaper than DJs and had the same movement.

Something else...no way I would try to pass a replica off as genuine to anyone. I always tell them what it is and have had more people ask to look at replicas than genuine watches after I tell them. Most people really get a kick out of them...also had a few rolexsnobs blow a fuse. No sense of humor. <_<

The only replicas I am familiar with that might be termed 'collectible' are the manual wind Daytonas with Poljot 3133 (Valjoux 7733 clone) movements. I have seen them called 'DW' Daytonas on forums and they look a lot like genuine watches with 19mm lugs, smaller cases etc...not like later models with Venus 175 clones in them. There may be correct size Venus clone watches around but I have not seen one.

Not a Poljot in sight

6263andcompany005-10241.jpg

I do not waste first class genuine parts on replicas...

To each his own.

Something else...no way I would try to pass a replica off as genuine to anyone. I always tell them what it is and have had more people ask to look at replicas than genuine watches after I tell them. Most people really get a kick out of them...also had a few rolexsnobs blow a fuse. No sense of humor. <_<

You are surprised that a gen Rolex owner might 'blow a fuse' when you inform him that you are manufacturing fake Rolex watches? :rofl:

You should definetly put a 1570 rolex movement and a gen dial..

I would suggest you to mod the case but not the dial...(some genuine watch parts cost a little fortune)...I wouldnt bother to put a gen dial unless I first have putted a genuine rolex movement because I wouldnt want to cut the dial feet...

Take a look at ndt watch page..he has some lovely aftermarket red dials with brown patina..

I think they are the best dials out there...if not somebody please correct me.

http://www.vintagewatchesmq.com/home.html

Regards,

You should definetly put a 1570 rolex movement and a gen dial..

I would suggest you to mod the case but not the dial...(some genuine watch parts cost a little fortune)...I wouldnt bother to put a gen dial unless I first have putted a genuine rolex movement because I wouldnt want to cut the dial feet...

Take a look at ndt watch page..he has some lovely aftermarket red dials with brown patina..

I think they are the best dials out there...if not somebody please correct me.

http://www.vintagewatchesmq.com/home.html

Regards,

please so ndt dials :busted_cop:

ndt :

DSCF5355.jpg

and what is all wrong : :lol:

fakered.jpg

cheers,

Frank

Congrats SD3 ... the deal is.. if it brings "YOU" joy and you derive satisfaction from it.. then that's all that matters... all the accolades are just icing on the cake !! .. weather it cost you 100.00 or 1000.00 the main thing is your the one that is happy with the time piece, be it replica or genuine.. I hope it brings you a lifetime of joy... now is the time to savour !!!

Live Strong and Wear it Well

Congrats SD3 ... the deal is.. if it brings "YOU" joy and you derieve satisfaction from it.. then that's all that matters... all the acolades are just icing on the cake !! .. weather it cost you 100.00 or 1000.00 the main thing is your the one that is happy with the time piece be, it replica or genuine.. I hope it brings you a lifetime of joy... now is the time to savour !!

Live Strong and Wear it Well

Thank you my friend. :D