When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Movement Vibrating

drop

I've contacted my dealer for help but also wanted to see if anyone in the community could help to triage my problem as I hope to give this to someone as a gift within the next few days...

As the mailman handed me the package containing my rep, I could hear what sounded like a winder spinning and feel some pretty intense vibration through the package.

After opening the package the watch looked great and it appears to operate correctly (subdial sweeping, keeping time so far, etc). But it sounds like the movement jiggles quite a bit inside the case and, when set down, there is a ton of vibration - like something is up with the winder.

The watch is a PAM 049 with the new Asia 7750 movement...

I don't suppose this will go away on it's own (being as there is no way it's 'overwound') ? If not, an easy fix for a local repair shop? Common problem?

Cheers! :victory:

From my very limited understanding, it sounds like the piece connected to the mainspring may be no longer attached to the movement but I have never experienced this; I am only making a wild guess.

I would definately have a watchmaker open it up asap as whatever is being hit or rattled against is definately experiencing wear it was not designed for.

I am sure you will get some comments from our more experienced members soon.

Good luck!

It sounds like maybe you got a gen. The gen Valjoux are notorious for vibrating. ;)

Eddy

Yep, smack me on the butt and call me a newb.

You must be right. I was expecting some noise (never had a 7750 before) but the mailman must have had it really spun up or something. It's still keeping time and isn't setting off the richter scale any longer...

Sorry for the lame post :thumbdown:

Yep, smack me on the butt and call me a newb.

:bangin: You're a newb. :D

Asian or ETA, them 7750s are amazing at wobbling. I was full of glee when my asian 7750 watch felt that wobbly on my wrist. It's fun and it reminds you it's a cool watch. :D

ps. Not that daft a question, to be honest.

Mmmmm. Nice heavy rotor!

It's called centrifugal force!

PS. The (Asia) 7750 in the TAG I got from TTK is now officially the best time keeping mechanical auto I own. It gained 20 seconds in the first 5 days of wear (within COSC) and hasn't gained a single second since!

Beats the (Asian) ST-25 in my PAM 090 which has settled to running three seconds a day fast. My ETA's (2824 in SMP 007 and 2836 in Roley Day-Date) have settled at 5 seconds fast after 18 months' ownership and wear.

Have you guessed yet that I am turning into the forum's champion of (good quality) Asian movements!!