When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW Sub LV - 50th Aniv

AMK000

Hi Guys ,

I am not a great "seeker" of Rlx watches (but the few I have are trully good) ... so dont know much about the secrets of modding and improving these old timers.

Any way ... here are my doubts and questions:

I recently got a MBW SUB LV from Paso (well I baught from another member who got it from Paso).

This is an MBW watch with swiss 2836-2 mov.

Yesterday I've lost the pearl from the bezez (usual thing with the subs)

From what I remember MBW watches do accept std OEM after market bezels .... but to be honest I have never tried this myself.

- Can anybody confirm that Paso watches accept std OEM Bezels that can be fiited without further treatment ??

- Will be better to go for a glued bezel or a "snap-in" one ???

- Where I can get the best and closest to the original green color and pearl bezel (no, don't want a gen Rlx bezel ... and no, dont want to buy from Ofrei ... he is ..lets say rare)

- I saw an old post here that "good sub lv pearls" can be found and glued back to the bezel. Anybody can provide any more info on this ???

Thanks for your help guys.

Would this be the www.watchmaterial.com pearl that bklm1234 uses on his subs? PN 315-16800-1. Do a search at watchmaterial for 16800 bezel (which is what the 16610 also uses). These run $25 plus $6 s&h, pop out the pearl and glue it into your bezel insert. Others have decent pearls/bezel inserts for less- Helfands, Raymond Lee, maybe Nostalgia2000, all on ebay.

ajoesmith has a few really nice LV bezel inserts for sale, you can check the Tools & Parts section.

MBW modern sub doesn't accept a OEM bezel insert without mod, you'll have to mill the bezel insert or (better) to grind the bezel in order to fit the "snap in" insert, like gen.

If you need just the pearl, WM are really nice anyway..

EDIT: posting with ajoesmith :)